Fx and the fx pd diffence

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Uther39

Distinguished
OMG !

OK, listen in skitz!

Life is full of uncertainty and risk, but this is good as life without risk is dull and therefore no life at all.

So take a risk, bite the bullet, spend the cash, if it works then great, if not then hey ho take it on the chin
and try again later on. Also given all the info that you have from toms then your actual risk has been greatly minimized.

So go on! Live a little!

Honestly I don't think you will OC a Vishera very well on your motherboard. Also I don't know that you have the ability to do the necessary BIOS tweaks. I'm trying to not be offensive, you just seem lazy. Read up on the topic instead of starting a bunch of question threads.

edit: I don't think your motherboard will even work with a Vishera.

proffet

Honorable
Aug 30, 2012

I tried to tell him that..!!!!!!!!!!!!

It can support all of the 95w Vishera chips. So as of right now you can run a FX-4300 and FX-6300 because anything else hasn't been released yet. Maybe in a few weeks or months we will see other bin variations of the chip.

Secondly, the M5A78LM-LX is a low end 3+1 phase board, which was not really designed for overclocking, and not designed for more than 95W TDP processors. You could possibly lose performance as over-current protection will likely force the CPU clock down as the low end 3+1 phase VRM system gets too hot or too heavily loaded.

What more do you need out of your PC? Do you want more performance in games? If you want a better gaming experience, as soon as possible, I recommend selling that 550ti for about $60-$80 on eBay and spending that $200 plus the $60-$80 from your GPU on a HD7870 or GTX660. That would get you a more noticeable performance increase and then you will have a decent GPU when you can save up for a new motherboard and CPU. Maybe pick up some faster RAM too while you're at it. Get yourself a nice 4GB or 8GB 1600MHz kit.

Okay, all I'm saying is you might as well sell your other card first and use that money to get the best possible GPU you can. No sense in taking baby steps when upgrading, you may never be satisfied.

Just to clarify, what is your current setup? Because you CPU-Z validation and Member Configuration show two different systems.