Question FX505DU Battery Upgrade

Oct 16, 2020
Hey Everyone,

I'm kinda curious if any of you all would think this would work, I presently have an FX505DU (Link)it's a fantastic laptop for many reasons except its battery life is not great. I have recently discovered that ASUS' new line of tough books FX506 (Link) has the exact same connector but is double the size, and it is even possible to switch the newer laptops for a smaller battery if you wish to have an additional HDD.

If anyone has tried this or thinks it would work please let me know! The dimensions look like it would fit easily as well!

Oct 16, 2020
I agree that that is the largest possible risk, but the laptop case is pretty well identical, even the internal dimensions, the motherboard is also smaller on the older (my laptop) the larger battery is longer but not wider

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Without seeing the internals, it's impossible to say for sure - but given they look like they use different locations for mounting AND appear to have the battery connector on the motherboard in completely different locations (relative to the battery), I can't imagine this is going to be doable.

Reactions: Keithanater179
Oct 16, 2020
I might be completely nuts, but I kinda wanna try it ahaha, I've measured it out and it would line up to use three of the regular 4 screw holes, the larger battery is also thinner, so that would not be a concern, and the battery (based on dimensions) will also fit inside the case. Maybe I'll just order the battery and try it out as it seems no one has tried it yet, its a fairly popular mod on the newer notebooks though. It also looks like it's been successful doing a larger battery upgrade in the newer models which have smaller chassis
View: https://www.reddit.com/r/ASUS/comments/gdaba4/asus_tuf_a15_battery_replacement_48whr_to_90whr/

Here's also the batteries compared better side by side:
Battery Diagram

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS