Fx5900Xt

Hi all,

I have just purchased a Leadtek FX900XT. I have read in previous posts
about flashing the bios with the A360.

Using winfox V2.0 - when I try to read the VGA bios the system crashes.

In dos WFFLASH can not find the NV device.

What is going on?

games run Ok and Aquamark3 shows a score of 37000.

Any ideas you helpful people :)

Don

You don't need to flash a different BIOS to
overclock it. Mine will run much faster than
the stock clock settings, but so far no games
benefit from this.

Alan

"Donali" <don.hawkins@*NO_SPAM*.btopenworld.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I have just purchased a Leadtek FX900XT. I have read in previous posts
> about flashing the bios with the A360.
>
> Using winfox V2.0 - when I try to read the VGA bios the system crashes.
>
> In dos WFFLASH can not find the NV device.
>
> What is going on?
>
> games run Ok and Aquamark3 shows a score of 37000.
>
> Any ideas you helpful people :)
>
> Don

On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 14:13:09 +0000 (UTC), "Donali"
<don.hawkins@*NO_SPAM*.btopenworld.com> wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I have just purchased a Leadtek FX900XT. I have read in previous posts
>about flashing the bios with the A360.
>
>Using winfox V2.0 - when I try to read the VGA bios the system crashes.
>
>In dos WFFLASH can not find the NV device.
>
>What is going on?
>
>games run Ok and Aquamark3 shows a score of 37000.
>
>Any ideas you helpful people :)
>
>Don

Do not do it the card has No Ram Heat Sinks..

teqguy

puss@purrpurr.com wrote:

> On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 14:13:09 +0000 (UTC), "Donali"
> <don.hawkins@*NO_SPAM*.btopenworld.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I have just purchased a Leadtek FX900XT. I have read in previous
> > posts about flashing the bios with the A360.
> >
> > Using winfox V2.0 - when I try to read the VGA bios the system
> > crashes.
> >
> > In dos WFFLASH can not find the NV device.
> >
> > What is going on?
> >
> > games run Ok and Aquamark3 shows a score of 37000.
> >
> > Any ideas you helpful people :)
> >
> > Don
> >

> Do not do it the card has No Ram Heat Sinks..

> ------------------------------ Life is not measured by the number of
> breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.
> (George Carlin)

Puss....... my 5900XT has ramsinks.

ALL OF THE 5900 series have sinks.

DaveL

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2001

You keep spreading disinformation and nobody is going to believe you.

DaveL

DaveL wrote:

> You keep spreading disinformation and nobody is going to believe you.
>
> DaveL
>

> "teqguy" <teqguy@techie.com> wrote in message
> > puss@purrpurr.com wrote:

> > > Do not do it the card has No Ram Heat Sinks..

> > > ---- ------------------------------ Life is not measured by the
> > > number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our
> > > breath away. (George Carlin)
> >

> > Puss....... my 5900XT has ramsinks.
> >

> > ALL OF THE 5900 series have sinks.

Okay, there are a few exceptions.... the A350 (which is probably what
the original poster has) doesn't have ramsinks, but it's because the
heatsink is oversized.

Here's a picture that applies to my PNY 5900XT, the Albatron, and the
Galaxy... and possibly more brands:

http://www.guru3d.com/admin/imageview.php?image=2784

And there's no such word as "disinformation", Dave. It's
"misinformation".

puss@purrpurr.com wrote:
> On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 14:13:09 +0000 (UTC), "Donali"
> <don.hawkins@*NO_SPAM*.btopenworld.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I have just purchased a Leadtek FX900XT. I have read in previous
>> posts about flashing the bios with the A360.
>>
>> Using winfox V2.0 - when I try to read the VGA bios the system
>> crashes.
>>
>> In dos WFFLASH can not find the NV device.
>>
>> What is going on?
>>
>> games run Ok and Aquamark3 shows a score of 37000.
>>
>> Any ideas you helpful people :)
>>
>> Don
>>

> Do not do it the card has No Ram Heat Sinks..

STFU already.

On Mon, 12 Apr 2004 14:12:30 GMT, "teqguy" <teqguy@techie.com> wrote:

>puss@purrpurr.com wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 14:13:09 +0000 (UTC), "Donali"
>> <don.hawkins@*NO_SPAM*.btopenworld.com> wrote:
>>
>> > Hi all,
>> >
>> > I have just purchased a Leadtek FX900XT. I have read in previous
>> > posts about flashing the bios with the A360.
>> >
>> > Using winfox V2.0 - when I try to read the VGA bios the system
>> > crashes.
>> >
>> > In dos WFFLASH can not find the NV device.
>> >
>> > What is going on?
>> >
>> > games run Ok and Aquamark3 shows a score of 37000.
>> >
>> > Any ideas you helpful people :)
>> >
>> > Don
>> >

>> Do not do it the card has No Ram Heat Sinks..

>> ------------------------------ Life is not measured by the number of
>> breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.
>> (George Carlin)
>

>Puss....... my 5900XT has ramsinks.
>

>ALL OF THE 5900 series have sinks.

Not if they are XT. Some do, most don't. Take a look
at the pix of the XT NON-- " Golden Sample" ( or equivalent
marketing-poop ) versions on websites such as Newegg.

If you intend to try overclocking XT memory, I suggest
the immediate addition of memory heatsinks if they are not
already present.

John Lewis

On Mon, 12 Apr 2004 14:12:30 GMT, "teqguy" <teqguy@techie.com> wrote:

>puss@purrpurr.com wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 14:13:09 +0000 (UTC), "Donali"
>> <don.hawkins@*NO_SPAM*.btopenworld.com> wrote:
>>
>> > Hi all,
>> >
>> > I have just purchased a Leadtek FX900XT. I have read in previous
>> > posts about flashing the bios with the A360.
>> >
>> > Using winfox V2.0 - when I try to read the VGA bios the system
>> > crashes.
>> >
>> > In dos WFFLASH can not find the NV device.
>> >
>> > What is going on?
>> >
>> > games run Ok and Aquamark3 shows a score of 37000.
>> >
>> > Any ideas you helpful people :)
>> >
>> > Don
>> >

>> Do not do it the card has No Ram Heat Sinks..

>> ------------------------------ Life is not measured by the number of
>> breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.
>> (George Carlin)
>

>Puss....... my 5900XT has ramsinks.
>

>ALL OF THE 5900 series have sinks.

Bollocks a lot of the XT ones do NOT..

So Grow up little Boy..

teqguy

neopolaris wrote:

> puss@purrpurr.com wrote:
> > On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 14:13:09 +0000 (UTC), "Donali"
> > <don.hawkins@*NO_SPAM*.btopenworld.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi all,
> > >
> >> I have just purchased a Leadtek FX900XT. I have read in previous
> >> posts about flashing the bios with the A360.
> > >
> >> Using winfox V2.0 - when I try to read the VGA bios the system
> >> crashes.
> > >
> >> In dos WFFLASH can not find the NV device.
> > >
> >> What is going on?
> > >
> >> games run Ok and Aquamark3 shows a score of 37000.
> > >
> >> Any ideas you helpful people :)
> > >
> >> Don
> > >

> > Do not do it the card has No Ram Heat Sinks..
> >
> STFU already.

Overclocking is still possible even without heatsinks. You just won't
be able to raise it to its full capability.

Heat generation is going to happen whether you have heatsinks or not
and whether or not you have your card overclocked.

Manufactuers don't put heatsinks there for show.... okay there's one
exception there: 300Mhz DDR ram.

But what you don't realize is BGA memory disperses a lot of it's heat
downward (toward the card).

The ball-grid array silicon allows for heat generation to occur between
the silicon, not just on the silicon's surface.

If you're shopping for heatsinks to install... the smaller the better.

Large bulky heatsinks like those found on the 5950 and original FX have
proven to be an isolator more than a transient... there's more places
for heat to go, but once it gets there it isn't done away with.

It's better to get one of those slot coolers with two 80mm fans to blow
onto your card.

http://www.crazypc.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=1201
99&Product_Code=5301