[SOLVED] FX6840 (CPU 1)

Seaone49

Prominent
Mar 3, 2019
I am looking at upgrading my FX Gateway computer using the same case. I would like to keep the same connections I have now or better.

Manufacturer Gateway
Model FX6840 (CPU 1)
Chipset Vendor Intel
Chipset Model DMI Host Bridge
Chipset Revision 11
Southbridge Vendor Intel
Southbridge Model H57
Southbridge Revision 06

Thanks in Advance

Solution
My budget would be 2k.
That is a solid budget, well capable of building a very capable rig.

I suggest you look here and then post a new thread in the Systems section of the forum to get options for a new/upgraded system:

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Looks like is uses a standard mATX motherboard. What is your budget and how do you use the system (i.e., high end gaming, browsing the interwebs, office PC, etc)?

The case does not look like it has good (by modern comparison) airflow. That is something to keep in mind when stuffing new guts into the system.

Seaone49

Prominent
Mar 3, 2019
Looks like is uses a standard mATX motherboard. What is your budget and how do you use the system (i.e., high end gaming, browsing the interwebs, office PC, etc)?

The case does not look like it has good (by modern comparison) airflow. That is something to keep in mind when stuffing new guts into the system.
I will be using the computer for Gaming and VR HP Reverb G2.

Someone posted about this exact same system and question last year. And ibuypower was mentioned then too, lol

COLGeek

Cybernaut
My budget would be 2k.
That is a solid budget, well capable of building a very capable rig.

I suggest you look here and then post a new thread in the Systems section of the forum to get options for a new/upgraded system:

Solution

Seaone49

Prominent
Mar 3, 2019
Thank you! I posted the link last year and I did purchased the system and I have not had a problem but I still wanted to upgrade my old rig. I was looking for that link thanks again. I will use that as a guide to do the upgrade using a new case. Thanks again for your feed back.