G.Skill Announces New SandForce-powered SSDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

willgart

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2007
not bad :)
The new generation arrives and I hope this will reduce the prices
also we have to wait to see the new generation from Intel and other companies to get a good picture of the performance we can get.
But this start to become interesting...

cmartin011

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2010
Excuse me TOM and editors! how about a update to graphics and SSD Charts i'm dieing to know how all the new SSD, Inferno,collosus LT,Real SSD, Phoenix Series Stack up against old rival Intel, maybe price performance comparison with raid zero configurations to make up of low capacity of some of these drives.

ares1214

Splendid
Intel better come out with something fast. The only reason id buy one of their was for the capacities, as 80 gigs seems perfect for a ssd. Now with a decent competitor at those capacities, Intel drives lose that, and to be honest are fairly slow compared to a lot of new drives out now. No ssd is really slow though. They just have have the write speed of this, and no where near the read.

makaveli316

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2010
SSDs need few more years, maybe 2011 or early 2012 to see some decent prices with these drives. They are still too expensive for most people.

Mark Heath

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2010

When SATA II is saturated. Until you use up all of SATA II's bandwidth, then there's not much point using SATA III.

Kaiser_25

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2009
[citation][nom]Miharu[/nom]Weak on write.But good product.[/citation]
really? those write speeds are weak? you dont know what your talking about, they are still amazing.

ares1214

Splendid
[citation][nom]Mark Heath[/nom]When SATA II is saturated. Until you use up all of SATA II's bandwidth, then there's not much point using SATA III.[/citation]

SATA II actually is saturated at about 375 GB/s. I mean, look at that, and look at other ssds. I think its time :lol:

G

"SATA II actually is saturated at about 375 GB/s. I mean, look at that, and look at other ssds. I think its time :lol:"

wat

384MB/s is SATA II's theoretical max throughput. :lol::lol::lol:

squallypie

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2010
[citation][nom]ares1214[/nom]Yeah, close enough All the same though. Except I mistyped, I mean MB/s, not GB/s[/citation]

yup, i must try that one on my ISP "HEY, WHERE IS MY 8GB INTERNET??""Sir, its 8MB""whatever.."

G

I paid $ 235 for my Intel Gen2 80GB SSD, and am loving it in my desktop with SC2 , Win7 ULT 64, 4GB DDR3 and GTX460 1GB. Oh and get this, I am using an AMD Tricore BE720 (default 2.8GHz) overclocked to 3.6 GHz using a Zalman 9900 cooler. I won't be feeling any need to upgrade, besides adding 2TB NAS drives to the system, or if Intel or AMD release a molecular CPU, till then, I'll enjoy what I have and pay down my debts. doh, a SLI GTX460 is calling, and so is a 2nd SSD RAID aaargh, i'll never save money!

The Greater Good

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2010
I have 3 (120GB) on their way to my home right now via Newegg. 2 for a friend of mine (new build)and one for my parents (old 80 GB just gave out). I can't wait to see how they preform! It just sucks that out of the three, none are for me. :-(

danwat1234

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
[citation][nom]ares1214[/nom]Intel better come out with something fast. The only reason id buy one of their was for the capacities, as 80 gigs seems perfect for a ssd. Now with a decent competitor at those capacities, Intel drives lose that, and to be honest are fairly slow compared to a lot of new drives out now. No ssd is really slow though. They just have have the write speed of this, and no where near the read.[/citation]

Intel still edges out with the Random Read performance as king. All other aspects of course it is trailing behind the new stuff.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
[citation][nom]ares1214[/nom]Intel better come out with something fast. The only reason id buy one of their was for the capacities, as 80 gigs seems perfect for a ssd. Now with a decent competitor at those capacities, Intel drives lose that, and to be honest are fairly slow compared to a lot of new drives out now. No ssd is really slow though. They just have have the write speed of this, and no where near the read.[/citation]
Intel is leading the market of SSD's. They are the first ones to drop prices and increase competition, and they are releasing their new 25nm[?] SSD's at the end of the year, and today's 80gb is suppsoed to be replaced by a 160gb... That will lower prices TREMENDOUSLY

WarraWarra

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2007

elcentral

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
mmm well im gonna put ssd on ice till prices drope some whot. still love the 1tb samsung f3 got 2 raided and they work godly good, but ssd i gotta tell you it starting to sound better and better ^^

elcentral

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
oh by the way the satas limit is it limit 375mbs for each sata2 or is it the all sum for all your satas togheter. or is it diffrent for whot your mother board can handle like if you start raiding a lot of drives vill hit a limit of yout mother board?

Status
Not open for further replies.