News G.Skill Announces Ripjaws S5 Series Low-Profile DDR5

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 1353997

I think RGB LEDs are very useful to keep an eye on hardware temperature, especially long after you've tweaked your OC or cooling and don't use your monitoring software as much.
Mine are set to go blue > green > red as their temperature increases.
That way, when my PC goes yellowish-orange while I'm just browsing the web, I know there's some rogue process running amok (or there might be something wrong with my cooling).
It's also much easier to see that the RAM module closest to the intake fan is slightly cooler (more blue), than trying to remember that RAM #1 is between RAM #4 and RAM #3...

BX4096

Reputable
Aug 9, 2020
I think RGB LEDs are very useful to keep an eye on hardware temperature...

Or you can put the extra savings into another high quality fan or two. I don't mean criticize your personal preferences, but f you need LED lights on RAM to constantly tell you whether your PC is overheating, you definitely have a bigger problem on your hands.

D

Deleted member 1353997

Or you can put the extra savings into another high quality fan or two. I don't mean criticize your personal preferences, but f you need LED lights on RAM to constantly tell you whether your PC is overheating, you definitely have a bigger problem on your hands.
If I needed something to constantly tell me whether my PC is overheating, I'd be running monitoring software on my secondary monitor at all times. It's precisely because I don't need it, that those LEDs are useful. It's not like I can tell the precise temperature from those colors anyway. But when my GPU's normally orange (warm-hot) during gameplay, and suddenly a game's performing badly with my GPU being blue (cold), I immediately know there's something wrong, and don't need to open the Task Manager to see that it's because my GPU is at 0% load. Do I absolutely need this? No, but it's convenient and nice to have.

All I'm saying is that these LEDs can be useful as a tool. Most LED haters only argue with "it's useless". I simply provided an example of a practical use for them. Whether you think it's worth it, that's your decision. You don't want LEDs? That's your prerogative, and here's a DDR5 RAM kit just for people like you. But you can't claim "a PC is useless" just because you don't know how to use it, and the same applies to RGB LEDs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.