G.Skill Lights Up Trident Z Memory Kits With RGB LEDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

kewlguy239

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2012

Not any motherboard will support memory speeds above 2133MHz (the DDR4 standard). To use the XMP profile and hit the 4266MHz, a Z170 or X99 (or soon a Z270) platform is required. H110, B150 and H170 motherboards don't support higher frequencies via XMP. Some of the higher-clocked memory kits also need a better CPU, with some recommending a Core i7 processor to achieve the desired speed.

Without full specifications from G.Skill, I'm afraid I can't speak to these particular kits of RAM past those few assumptions. But I'll update this article soon as G.Skill gives us something solid to report.

Thanks for reading!

IceMyth

Honorable
Dec 15, 2015

Thank you :)

Now I am sure I will get these instead of Corsair RGB ones.

Thank you, as all MB I saw they maxed at 3.4k OC so I was wondering if any MB supports that speed.

wifiburger

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2016
yeah I see, you know what I think of lights in a computer case ! or a window case for that matter, it always looks like shit with wires around or pisses you off at night with lights show that light up your entire house floor !

then you have made it clearly obvious it is not for you :D

RomeoReject

Reputable
Jan 4, 2015
Love all the comments on this as if G.Skill is going to come to their house and force them to use RGB lighting.

Don't like it? That's totally fine! Just don't buy it.

i always have a laugh at comments like these. like it is a crime to make a negative comment on a product and then someone plays the "they are not forcing you to buy it" card like they have stock in the company

RomeoReject

Reputable
Jan 4, 2015

Have you seen the replies on literally any RGB product on this site? They're not "well the lights seem superfluous". They're "OH MY GOD, RGB IS KILLING THE INDUSTRY, WHAT A WASTE OF A GOOD PRODUCT."

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS