[SOLVED] G. Skill Neo running at 3600MHz but timings are off

emitfudd

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2017
I just fired up a new rig today. I went into the Asus BIOS and set the ram to 3600MHz. That worked fine. I just downloaded the ROG version of CPUID and it shows the memory at 1799.6MHz with FSB RAM 3:54 and latency of 26 25 25 58. This is the CL 16 kit with 16 16 16 35 timings. How do I fix this? It must be a setting in BIOS . And yes it is in slots A2 and B2.

Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
Ryzen 5900X
MSI 3080 Gaming Z Trio
Samsung 980 Pro 1TB x 2
G. Skill Trident Neo 32 GB 3600 MHz 2 x 16 GB kit
Seasonic Prime Titanium 850W

Last edited:
Solution
D
You can go into advanced memory settings and change the timings yourself if you so care to.
D

Deleted member 362816

You can go into advanced memory settings and change the timings yourself if you so care to.

Solution

emitfudd

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2017
Under the SPD tab of CPUID there are no preset timings. Is that normal? All the graphs are blank. I was expecting to find an XMP profile in the BIOS but there was just an entry to select the RAM speed. Is there a setting that puts my RAM at the profile it is advertised at?

D

Deleted member 362816

Under the SPD tab of CPUID there are no preset timings. Is that normal? All the graphs are blank. I was expecting to find an XMP profile in the BIOS but there was just an entry to select the RAM speed. Is there a setting that puts my RAM at the profile it is advertised at?

Supposed to be but sometimes you have to overclock it yourself it set the timings yourself. It happens. Even in the disclaimer on all ram over 2133 it says this.

TRENDING THREADS