[SOLVED] G skill ram sticks

msi88

Prominent
Oct 5, 2019
Hello i bought 4 G.Skill 2400mhz ram sticks and one of them is not working and i cant send them back to G.Skill becouse the shipping is ridicilous in our country. So i wanted just to buy one module separately but all the modules i see are rated at 3600mhz to 3200mhz and have 1.35v instead of the 1.2v on my ram. Can anyone tell me that can i even mix those modules together?
Thanks in advance!

Solution
RAM is best bought in matched kits. Even buying the same make and model as individual sticks may not work together. You can try buying 3200/3600mhz and they might work. If they do work they will run at 2400mhz. Running 4 sticks does increase the chance of issues when mixing, 2 sticks is far more forgiving but 4 sticks there is a greater chance of problems.
RAM is best bought in matched kits. Even buying the same make and model as individual sticks may not work together. You can try buying 3200/3600mhz and they might work. If they do work they will run at 2400mhz. Running 4 sticks does increase the chance of issues when mixing, 2 sticks is far more forgiving but 4 sticks there is a greater chance of problems.

Last edited:
Solution