G.Skill Ripjaws MX780 Gaming Mouse, Hands on

Status
Not open for further replies.

chumly

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2010
I got one of these a while ago, when they were brand new, for $50 on newegg. I have long skinny fingers and this is the most comfortable mouse I've played with. It diminishes a substantial amount of fatigue I was experiencing with other mice. The lighting was, also, my #1 complaint. It's not even worth listing as a feature. My only other rub with this hardware is the aluminum body not providing enough weight (even with the added weights), it could be heavier. On a positive note, however, the magnetic ambidextrous thumb guards work for pinkey fingers as well as thumbs. No part of my hand drags against my desk anymore. I would give this mouse a solid 9/10 and it is much better than most overpriced, plastic crap on the market today.

scolaner

Reputable
Jul 30, 2014
I got one of these a while ago, when they were brand new, for $50 on newegg. I have long skinny fingers and this is the most comfortable mouse I've played with. It diminishes a substantial amount of fatigue I was experiencing with other mice. The lighting was, also, my #1 complaint. It's not even worth listing as a feature. My only other rub with this hardware is the aluminum body not providing enough weight (even with the added weights), it could be heavier. On a positive note, however, the magnetic ambidextrous thumb guards work for pinkey fingers as well as thumbs. No part of my hand drags against my desk anymore. I would give this mouse a solid 9/10 and it is much better than most overpriced, plastic crap on the market today.

Good notes. And as I noted in the article, I also ended up using both thumb wings. :)

Weight is such a tricky thing to talk about, though. So incredibly subjective. Partially, that's because it's not just weight, it's weight AND balance, and depending on X and Y, the body design of the mouse may feel better or worse to an individual.

Eg, if most of the weight is towards the front of a mouse versus towards the rear, that changes the body type I'd prefer.

Status
Not open for further replies.