G.Skill Shows Off Ripjaws Peripheral Line At Computex

Status
Not open for further replies.

uglyduckling81

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2011
Everyone and their dog is entering this market.
Q. What's your industry Sir?
A. I pick up dog shit around my local parks, but I'm about to put out a range of peripherals to broaden my market diversity a little.

TeamBlueRedGreen

Reputable
Jun 2, 2015
So I take from this AMD is going to just focus on the most profitable area it can at the expense of other sectors. It's clearly not able to compete on all fronts any more. It's dedicated GPU's aren't generally as good Nvidia. It's CPU's and APU's are no where near as good as Intel's.
So now they are just going to focus on a particular area, the portable sector.

You can't compare or talk like you are. You have to look at what you pay, what you want, and what you get for your every dollar. AMD APUs are (which I thought were a waste until until these) are still around half the price of the new 6200 and Iris pros Broadwells and keep growing exponentially.

Also, stop talking about the Nvidia cards. The 290X is AMAZING. I'm still doing builds with it, paying around $270-290 each. Crossfire with FreeSync is still cheaper than a 980 but, STILL, amazing alone. No CF/SLI bridge needed n boom! Either way, Intel is winning if you wanna pay more. I have clients with smaller budgets and I have to physically go with AMD.

rayden54

Honorable
May 14, 2013
@TeamBlueRedGreen Keep in mind that the only reason the 290X is selling at that price is kicked them in the rear with the 970 and 980. Before that you got a whole heck of a lot less bang for your buck. (And before that they were sold out everywhere because of the mining craze--don't price trends beat all?)

Status
Not open for further replies.