G.Skill Trident z rgb software not working?

Remixxeh

Reputable
May 27, 2017
so I downloaded the software and it read my ram sticks and worked with the lights and was able to change the colour and effect even after restarting it worked but after shutting down it doesn't work anymore. it crashes every time I try to apply an effect

Solution
Not that you have provided much information about your system but the software will conflict with other LED lighting control software (such as ASUS Aura, Gigabyte Fusion, MSI Command Center/Mystic Light, NZXT CAM, etc.). Please do not install both software at the same time, or there may be software conflicts.

Software seems to be Beta with no non-Beta software available. Many other people have also reported problems getting it to work correctly.

G.Skill says that with regards to software, compatibility changes with each motherboard and chip set, so make sure you have the latest BIOS for all the latest updates. G.Skill is working with all motherboard companies with RGB lighting control to perfect compatibility.
Not that you have provided much information about your system but the software will conflict with other LED lighting control software (such as ASUS Aura, Gigabyte Fusion, MSI Command Center/Mystic Light, NZXT CAM, etc.). Please do not install both software at the same time, or there may be software conflicts.

Software seems to be Beta with no non-Beta software available. Many other people have also reported problems getting it to work correctly.

G.Skill says that with regards to software, compatibility changes with each motherboard and chip set, so make sure you have the latest BIOS for all the latest updates. G.Skill is working with all motherboard companies with RGB lighting control to perfect compatibility.

Solution
Oct 4, 2019

Any way you might know what one specifically?
https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4/index.asp#BIOS

Jan 29, 2020
Going to hijack this thread since I have the same issue. First things first, here my system specs:

Windows 10 Pro
AMD Ryzen 7 2700 Eight-Core-Prozessor, 3200Mhz
MSI X470 Gaming Pro Corbon (MS-7B78)
4X G.Skill Tridentz LED 8GB

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

So, When I build the PC it seemed to work fine even with controlling the RAM LEDs. I only used MSI's Mystic Light and as I said it worked fine. But then for some reason I can't explain, The RAM started to do his own thing. One day one of the RAM banks went dank and no matter how many times I tried to re-apply the setting (Including new installation of Mystic Light), the RAM would remain dark. I then downloaded the Gskill software to control the RAM but even though it automatically disabled Mystical lights, it would not communicate with the RAM what so ever no matter what setting I tried. So I kicked that one off again and went back to Mystic light. After a complete Windows re-install, All RAMs are now working again and I have control in MSI ML. But again, When I change the setting, it will change all LEDs at first but after a few seconds (Never the same), all the RAM LEDs go back the the same pattern which is "Rainbow" I believe.
First I thought it might be an old setting from the Gskill SW overriding the ML software so I searched the regedit but dint find any hints that it would be the case. Rally not sure what to think here simply because I had it working just fine at the very beginning and now it always switched back to the rainbow setting.

Thanks!

Feb 3, 2020
Going to hijack this thread since I have the same issue. First things first, here my system specs:

Windows 10 Pro
AMD Ryzen 7 2700 Eight-Core-Prozessor, 3200Mhz
MSI X470 Gaming Pro Corbon (MS-7B78)
4X G.Skill Tridentz LED 8GB

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

So, When I build the PC it seemed to work fine even with controlling the RAM LEDs. I only used MSI's Mystic Light and as I said it worked fine. But then for some reason I can't explain, The RAM started to do his own thing. One day one of the RAM banks went dank and no matter how many times I tried to re-apply the setting (Including new installation of Mystic Light), the RAM would remain dark. I then downloaded the Gskill software to control the RAM but even though it automatically disabled Mystical lights, it would not communicate with the RAM what so ever no matter what setting I tried. So I kicked that one off again and went back to Mystic light. After a complete Windows re-install, All RAMs are now working again and I have control in MSI ML. But again, When I change the setting, it will change all LEDs at first but after a few seconds (Never the same), all the RAM LEDs go back the the same pattern which is "Rainbow" I believe.
First I thought it might be an old setting from the Gskill SW overriding the ML software so I searched the regedit but dint find any hints that it would be the case. Rally not sure what to think here simply because I had it working just fine at the very beginning and now it always switched back to the rainbow setting.

Thanks!
Now, I know you didn't state if you had any Razer hardware, but if you use Razer Synapse for a mouse, keyboard, or anything else, you will notice that the program seems to think "MSI_LED.exe" is a game and will list it under the connect tab. If you "disable" it, then it should restore functionality in some cases. When I first got my computer, this program was interfering with the motherboard lighting and I had no idea.