G.Skill Unveils 'Perfect Storm' Memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

bin1127

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2008
but then tomshardware already did an article showing how little high spec ram affects performance. these probably cost $500, so if you already bought 3 4870x2 then ya, maybe.

G

SSDs, the mainstream ones atleast... blow... don't get into them yet... I made that mistake an i'm switching back over to a conventianal harddrive it was so bad... epic waste of money by me... but i learned a lesson... NEVER adopt something that is still evolving extremely fast and is completely new to the market

not ever doing that again

The_Blood_Raven

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2008
Yeah SSDs really don't outperform hard drives in real word performance. I bought a 20GB one that was supposed to be on of the fastest out there and put Vista on it to increase performance and the performance was a hit or miss. Things would load slightly faster, but if you loaded more than 1 or 2 windows programs at once it got noticeably slower. I also want to know why you need fans for this RAM they are at the generic 1.65v which I believe is all that i7 can work with.

jaragon13

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2008
[citation][nom]joz[/nom]Get a Yes,so I can spend 3000 dollars for something as simple as memory and storage? No thanks,I'll pass on that one.job.[/citation]

pbrigido

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2008
[citation][nom]The_Blood_Raven[/nom]Yeah SSDs really don't outperform hard drives in real word performance. I bought a 20GB one that was supposed to be on of the fastest out there and put Vista on it to increase performance and the performance was a hit or miss. Things would load slightly faster, but if you loaded more than 1 or 2 windows programs at once it got noticeably slower. I also want to know why you need fans for this RAM they are at the generic 1.65v which I believe is all that i7 can work with.[/citation]

Untrue! My 64GB SLC Samsung SSD blows away the Velociraptor I used to use...both in real world performance and in benchmarks. Sounds like you had a MLC drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.