Question G Skillz vs corsair?

I'll be building a new system this summer. Depending on how the ryzen 3000 looks at launch, or an 8700k.

I have 16gb of ripjawz v right now. 3000mhz 2x8gb. I may reuse it, but was thinking about upgrading to 32gb.
How does the Gskill compare to corsair dominator? It will be a gaming only system, so is 32gb really needed? Would it benefit a gaming rig at all? Or should I just save the cash and get 16? Or just save even more and stick with what I have now?

If you're not running a lot of things at the same time, then 16GB should be enough for gaming. Same with frequency at DDR4-3000, it's not bad and you can OC, but if you plan to use the newer processors, a higher frequency and capacity can set you up for the next few years. You can also use what you have now and upgrade in the future.

Most I ever have open when gaming is hwmonitor, and steam. With a few background apps running like icue, evga x1, etc. So background usage is fairly minimal. I definitely want to set myself up for a few years, and my cpu and mobo are the only things left to upgrade. As well as possibly the ram. RTX 2080 should be solid for a few years to come, but the 6600k is slowly starting to show its age.

Would I really see a benefit going to maybe 3400 or 3600 from my current 3000? Do you think games will eventually need more than 16gb? Only thinking of upgrading as selling mobo, cpu, ram combo should net a better return. Plus shiny new parts for a new platform is always fun!

Just torn between trident z, ripjawz, and the corsair dominator. As well as size. I will probably stick with 3000 or 3200.