G-Sync Necessary for this?

wjbowman25

Prominent
Nov 14, 2018
I'm building a system with a GTX 1070 Dual and an i5 8600k. I've been looking at different monitors that have all of the following:
120hz or greater
1440p
27" or greater
Preferably curved
G sync
I have found the monitor by Viotek GN27DB. It is 144hz, 1440p, 27" curved, the only thing it doesn't have is G sync. I really love the look of this monitor and at $329.99 I think it sounds like a good deal. How much would stuttering occur in this monitor or how intense would the stutter be? Is it worth the time and extra money for G sync? Thanks!

Solution
It's not necessary. It's a nice extra to have. But an expensive option. For that price range of pc, you might want to weigh the cost of a vega graphics card and a freesync monitor.

Personally I wouldnt worry about it unless I was already running something like a 2080. I've always been a nvidia guy. But if I had a freesync monitor (most new monitors are) and a comparable vega card was close in price, It might sway me.

luckymatt42

Upstanding
May 23, 2018
Only you can decide whether it is worth it, so think back to when you were gaming on a monitor that had neither g-sync nor free-sync. How bad was the stuttering for you? Is that amount of stuttering worth the extra money to get rid of?

tejayd

Prominent
Mar 11, 2018
It's not necessary. It's a nice extra to have. But an expensive option. For that price range of pc, you might want to weigh the cost of a vega graphics card and a freesync monitor.

Personally I wouldnt worry about it unless I was already running something like a 2080. I've always been a nvidia guy. But if I had a freesync monitor (most new monitors are) and a comparable vega card was close in price, It might sway me.

Solution

wjbowman25

Prominent
Nov 14, 2018

Ok thank you! :D