[SOLVED] G-Sync of Fast-Sync with a 4k TV?

xzero1134

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2012
My preferred way to play games is with a Dual Monitor Mirror set up, and I'm always fighting with screen tearing. I've used V-Sync to solve this issue, though it does result in latency.

I've read the forum pin about G-Sync and Fast-Sync, though it seems you have to have a PC monitor to support it. Are these features available on a 4k TV?

I have a GTX 1070, am I even able to use these features? If I upgraded my graphics card, would I have these options, and is it a good solution for tearing an a TV set up?

Thanks!

Solution
nvidia doesnt support gsync over hdmi, its not part of hdmi 2.0 spec (its proprietary)
but there is recently small exception to this
but its limited to US market (TV has to have US firmware, if u know how to hax your TV, no problem outside of US)

as for upcoming future, hdmi 2.1 has native VRR spec..so if nvidia decides to go with hdmi 2.1, there should be better support by then
nvidia doesnt support gsync over hdmi, its not part of hdmi 2.0 spec (its proprietary)
but there is recently small exception to this
but its limited to US market (TV has to have US firmware, if u know how to hax your TV, no problem outside of US)

as for upcoming future, hdmi 2.1 has native VRR spec..so if nvidia decides to go with hdmi 2.1, there should be better support by then

Solution