[SOLVED] g27c4w monitor ghosting?

Dec 11, 2020
I thought this monitor was really good until I saw an insane amount of motion blur. When I move my mouse theres a second one behind it when i scroll up and down a website all the words are trailing behind the first ones. In games when i look around everything smears across my display and i don't know how to stop it. This monitor said that it has a 1ms response time and i put it on the fastest setting in the monitor settings but it still has so much ghosting. Help would be nice.

Solution
about DP .. yes .. i discover now, from another forum, that some cables have 19 pin .. i had a DELL DP cable .. that HAS only 19 pins .. now with new (and i suppose) cable with 20pins all work properly.

i have re-set some settings after DP connection, now i'm @165hz, in FAST seems good. But ghosting is still present .. MSI say me that is pixel OVERDRIVE .. and on VA panel is "inevitable" ... this is my fist VA ... so i dont know if this problem there is on other monitor

happy Holidays
Dec 23, 2020
I connected it just yestarday .. i have notice same f**k issue. now i'm usiing HDMI cable, and set it to FAST ... but mouse ghosting on "black/dark" backgound is very boried.

More, i have a big problem with DP connection ... no signal out, seems monitor doesn't search source in automode other signals :(

i had write ti MSI support .. waiting answer

Dec 11, 2020
Alright, if you could tell me their suggestions that would be great. Are you having trouble with no connection with the DP? You can manually switch what port you're on in the monitor settings.

Dec 23, 2020
about DP .. yes .. i discover now, from another forum, that some cables have 19 pin .. i had a DELL DP cable .. that HAS only 19 pins .. now with new (and i suppose) cable with 20pins all work properly.

i have re-set some settings after DP connection, now i'm @165hz, in FAST seems good. But ghosting is still present .. MSI say me that is pixel OVERDRIVE .. and on VA panel is "inevitable" ... this is my fist VA ... so i dont know if this problem there is on other monitor

happy Holidays

Solution