G3258 and gtx960 4gb or i5 4590 and gtx 750 2gb

Solution
So the issue here is pretty much core use. G3258 has 2, i5 has 4.

You can get skyrim to use more than the 2 cores it was built for, but the basic game uses 2.
FO4 uses a modified skyrim engine. There's certainly strong indications quad core will really help.

For MODs, you'd have to list the specific ones.
MOBAs don't tend to be heavy on core use. Lol dota2 and hots all should be fine on either.
Indies are generally pretty light so both will do.

Over the next week you'll be able to get a lot more info on what FO4 will do on dual core systems.
So far we have one i3 entry here, but that one has 4 threads.

And this is just what you are playing now. There seems to be a trend to use more cores in games these days and if that...

Maarsch

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2012
So the issue here is pretty much core use. G3258 has 2, i5 has 4.

You can get skyrim to use more than the 2 cores it was built for, but the basic game uses 2.
FO4 uses a modified skyrim engine. There's certainly strong indications quad core will really help.

For MODs, you'd have to list the specific ones.
MOBAs don't tend to be heavy on core use. Lol dota2 and hots all should be fine on either.
Indies are generally pretty light so both will do.

Over the next week you'll be able to get a lot more info on what FO4 will do on dual core systems.
So far we have one i3 entry here, but that one has 4 threads.

And this is just what you are playing now. There seems to be a trend to use more cores in games these days and if that continues you may well end up in trouble with a G3258.

But the 960 blows the 750 out of the water. So if, at the end of the week, you can find evidence the G3258 runs FO4 fine I can see why you'd want to go with the G3258 960 combo.

Solution