G3258 won't overclock with H81M-C which should be compatible!?

avaris

Commendable
Feb 2, 2017
https://www.asus.com/support/CPU/1/45/5/6/sTbQCv66flCRIGS1/C20140529173700/

-
As soon as i set the cpu core ratio from auto to 'Sync All Cores' and there after '1-Core Ratio Limit' to 33 windows wont boot. I just went through this same problem with another motherboard but noticed that the revision of that board didn't support the G3258.
Although this one 100% does. I already updated bios to the version on the website that supports G3258.
Don't know what more i can say, i'm clueless seeking answers.. :??:

avaris

Commendable
Feb 2, 2017
Found a guy which looks to have my problem... hopefully.. He solved it by using another method of installing bios, instead of using the EZ flash 2 Utility he used fpt (Flash Programming Tool) to install bios and apparently it worked. I fiddeled around bit with this but honestly i have no idea where to begin, anyone who knows how to properly install bios with fpt? (link to the guy with same issue Post #1799)

avaris

Commendable
Feb 2, 2017
Been through all the sites, all of them. managed to figure out how fpt64 works, although when using it i just get "Error 201: [FPTw64.exe] cannot be run on the current platform.
Please contact the vendor." error or "Error 280: Failed to disable write protection for the BIOS space!". I've obviously googled both and to no avail, the issues other people have goes from other motherboards users to mac users. Can't find anything about this that helps me.

Anyone got a clue what i'm talking about that could possibly help?