[SOLVED] G402 cursor won't move on my PC but works fine on other PCs ???

Dec 6, 2019
This is a really bizzare problem I've never heard of and none of those I asked know what to do with it.

So I was playing a game when my mouse (Logitech G402 hyperion fury) suddently stopped working. I am using this mouse for almost 4 years so it wasn't extremely surprising.

The reasons im skeptical about buying a new mouse:
-The mouse works fine on other PCs
-Mouse clicks, scroll and all the buttons work on my pc
-Lights still turn on (my pc)

I've tried:
-(obvious: different usb gates)
-updating drivers from logitech software app
-updating and uninstalling drivers from computer management
-slamming it really hard on the desk

If anyone knows anything that might help, please reply. I could really really use your help. (I can't really go get a new mouse because of the coronavirus lockdown).

Update:
Other mice work on my computer
Other USB devices wor kon my PC fine as well

PSU: Corsair CX Series CX650, 2 months old, good condition? (it looks like it)
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
MotherBoard: MSI B450M-A PRO VDH MAX
GPU: MSI GTX 1060 3G

Last edited:
Solution
Reliability History:

Type "Reliability History" into the "Type here to search" box usually located in the lower left screen area. (For the most part, the box can be used to get to almost any configuration aspect of Windows - you just have to watch while you are typing and not be too quick to select what option(s) may immediately appear.)

System Restore:

No. Not at this time because the problem itself has yet to be identified. However, it would be a good idea to backup all data and ensure that the data is both recoverable and readable.

Logitech G Hub:

No. That would just add in another variable and could complicate troubleshooting and recovery.

Full Disclosure: As a matter of record, I installed a wireless Logitech...

Ralston18

Titan
Boot up and look in Reliability History for any error codes, warnings, or even informational events that you can trace back or correlate with the G402 mouse failure.

At any time have you installed Logitech's G Hub or currently have G Hub installed?

And remember that even if you did not intentionally install G Hub there is the possibility that some Logitech driver or other update may have done so. Does not take much to miss some pre-checked "I agree" type box. If the option is even offered....

Check the Startup tab in Task Manager and look in Task Scheduler also.

Look for any signs that some Logitech process is set to start but perhaps failing to do so. Or running but in conflict with some other process so the mouse is stopped.

Dec 6, 2019
Hello again and thank you for your interest,
The situation turned out ot be far worse that I thought it would be. So today I booted my PC to check if there is anything new on this thread, by the time I was checking I also plugged in my "broken mouse" to reestablish my beliefs on miracles.
My mouse cursor works but.. it has the same problem with other cheap/trash mice I plugged in.
Problem:
It seems like both mice I plugged in my pc have a limited max speed of 0.8 m/s or 31 ips (according to logitech gaming software). When I move my mouse faster than that, the cursor stays still staggering. So I can't really play any game.
(Logitech seems to stagger more than the other trash mouse)

Boot up and look in Reliability History for any error codes, warnings, or even informational events that you can trace back or correlate with the G402 mouse failure.

I am not sure how to do that.
Is it a good idea to perform a system restore ?
I have not installed logitech g hub, should I get it?

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Reliability History:

Type "Reliability History" into the "Type here to search" box usually located in the lower left screen area. (For the most part, the box can be used to get to almost any configuration aspect of Windows - you just have to watch while you are typing and not be too quick to select what option(s) may immediately appear.)

System Restore:

No. Not at this time because the problem itself has yet to be identified. However, it would be a good idea to backup all data and ensure that the data is both recoverable and readable.

Logitech G Hub:

No. That would just add in another variable and could complicate troubleshooting and recovery.

Full Disclosure: As a matter of record, I installed a wireless Logitech keyboard on my backup All-in-one system about a month ago. And decided to install G Hub just to see what it would do. However, the system started randomly "ghost typing" and that has continued even after uninstalling G Hub. And a Microsoft wireless keyboard does the same. Have not spent a lot of time looking into what is/has been happening - definitely something not obvious. Last article that I read suggested re-pairing the keyboard and dongle. TBD.

In your situation, wired mouse, re-pairing is moot.

The only immediate suggestion I have is to try, once again, to download the applicable drivers via Logitech and reinstall again, They may have just quietly fixed some bug and resolved the problem.

Solution
Dec 6, 2019
update: I just got new max speed of 1.9 m/s or 73 ips on wooden desk surface (prev was on mousepad[corsair soft]) which is much much better but still not gameable. Really weird..
Do you thnk getting a new razer mouse will fix anything ?

Dec 6, 2019
Reliability History:

I run the Reliability History test and there was a Windows Hardware error at the time it stopped working I think.
Problem event name: LiveKernelEvent
Code:144
Parameter 1: 3003
Parameter 2: ffffc1082af106b0
Parameter 3: 40010000
Parameter 4: 0
OS version: 10_0_18363
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1
OS Version: 10.0.18363.2.0.0.256.4
Locale ID: 1033

Ralston18

Titan
For the most part one error is unlikely to be truly indicative of any given problem.

Exceptions being a repeat of the error with some other consistent or corresponding occurrence.

The other scenario being multiple errors of all sorts that seem to have nothing in common.

A new mouse might be helpful but see if you can borrow two or three mice via family and friends.

Try all on different surfaces. Determine if the mouse speed improves.

I do remember some mouse problem posts where the problem was solved by a new mouse pad or surface change. Mostly a matter of sensitivity to the necessary reflectivity involved.

You might be able to resolve the issue by cleaning both the mouse bottom and the mousepad in use.