GA-7VRXP and KVM switch

zilla

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2002

Old board I know, but it (still) works!

I'm trying to make an 2-port all-USB KVM swith work with
my PC, running Win2k/SP4, and a laptop running WinXP.
The laptop "sees" my keyboard and mouse, but my PC
does NOT. I know I'm getting signals from my keyboard/
mouse to the KVM since I can enter the hot key sequence
to ping-pong between the two machines, and it does it.

The only thing I can think off are the USB settings on my
BIOS (latest one Gigabyte put out for this MB). Currently,
I have
- All USB devices enabled
- Legacy support enabled
- USB 64/60 emulation enabled

Any clues on how to make the KVM work? Thanks

--
- Zilla
Cary, NC

Hi Zilla,

You said "all-USB KVM", so I assume it runs into the PC's USB and not
PS/2 ports?

Does the PC see the KB and Mouse if plugged in directly?

Does it see the KB/Mouse if you swap the cables between
the PC and the laptop? Have you tried other USB ports
on your PC?

Have you tried turning OFF USB legacy/emulation?

Do you have the latest BIOS for your MB?

Ken.
Mail: kmarsh at charm dot net | Just say "no" to liars SCO and Soyo
WWW: http://www.charm.net/~kmarsh | Return services to local CIS offices!