Question GA-H110M-DS2 DDR3 2 dice ram memory is not working

Dec 2, 2019
Hello
Today I bought a second RAM chip for my current set.
I wanted to increase my Ram memory from 8 to 16GB.
After inserting the second framework bone into the 2nd slot, the computer restarts in a loop and you can't even enter the bios. Both bones are functional, because I checked them individually in slot number one. However, in slot number two, none of the dice work together or separately. What could be the reason for this? Both bones are the same: BLS8G3DS1609DS1S00 M16FED, the motherboard is GA-H110M-DS2 DDR3 (rev. 1.0) (bios F1 version). Intel Core i5-6400 Skylake processor, socket 1151, 64bit. Please help what I can do.sorry for my English

artavasdes

Prominent
Nov 28, 2019
It can be that the ram you have is not part of the same set. It happens that even though ram modules are the exact same, but have been bought seperatley could not work together. Do you possibly have another system that supports ddr3 to test out these two modules together just to make sure it is not some other issue?

Dec 2, 2019
Both dice work alone in slot number 1 = windows starts.
Both bones inserted = restart
American bone inserted in slot 2 = restart
Chinese bone inserted into slot number 2 = restart

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
the manual advises for dual channel, the same brand, size, speed, and CHIPS for dual channel. its the last one that is hitting you here.
the chips making each stick are too different. made in different factories, with different raw materials, in different countries. the chips are most certainly not the same.
dual channel kits are made to those specs. they are not siblings, they are identical twins and that is why they work together.

page 11
"Due to CPU limitations, read the following guidelines before installing the memory in Dual Channel mode.1. Dual Channel mode cannot be enabled if only one memory module is installed.2. When enabling Dual Channel mode with two memory modules, it is recommended that memory of the same capacity, brand, speed, and chips be used for optimum performance "

this is why I suggest replacing RAM outright. I have played the RAM matching game and lost too often.

Reactions: Spoke20
Dec 2, 2019
It works !
The reason was the bent pin in the processor socket responsible for addressing memory in slot number 2. A friend sent me this information from some technical forum that this model of the motherboard had such a problem at the factory. So I took out the processor at home and gently needle bent the pin that was crooked and both bones of the frame fired! :)
https://zapodaj.net/3db9267da8bf1.jpg.html
https://zapodaj.net/080cb957f1cc5.jpg.html