GA-K8N Pro wont boot - just getting continuous long beeps

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I have the same problem. It's not the memory but the bios of the mobo. Actually this Gigabyte is a bad purchase. Put it in the trash and all the problems will be solved. No more Gigabyte!!!

G

continuous long beeps is RAM...

try as following remove both sticks and clean em (the copper area) with a white rubber (ya, a rubber for pencils writing...) and boot the pc only with 1 stick, if that doesnt work turn it off again and try with the another one... and u'll get ur deficient ram. if that doesnt solve ur problem, most likely ur ram socket is wasted up. anything could happen if u got low tension or something, even if ur comp if shut down. best way to avoid that kind of problems is buying a psu or something like that, or even turning off the PS when u turn off ur comp (when u turn off ur comp ur PS stays at stand by, doesnt completely turn off, thats why some motherboards have some Led light, letting u know that PS still is powering ur motherboard.

try that i mentioned, u said that u changed ur mobo, well then it MUST be ur RAM. maybe both rams r fkud up... wish u the best luck ^^

G

Solution: BLOW LIKE A CHEAP HOOKER UNTIL --ALL-- THE DUST IS GONE FROM THE RAM SLOTS

LoL, just tried this and it worked. Love the technical language used :)

bugmenot1983

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2010
my system has the Napa-GL8E foxconn mobo. it had a hyynix 2gb and a samsug 1gb ddr2 pc 6400 800 mhz ram, it ran fine until one day it crashed and wouldn't work right. turns out the hynix must've gone bad. I bought a brand new PNY pc 6400 2 gb ddr2 module and by itself in either slot or paired with the samsung the computer won't boot, it gives me a very long loud beep. it runs fine on the samsung however just slow since it's a 64 bit OS the 1 gb stick has to run. could this be just a defective pny stick? it says it works with6400, 5300, and 4200 setups, and the samsung is a PC2-6400 800 mhz stick as well nothing says dual channel either and there's no book. going from these posts it says it's a memory problem, as it runs flawlessly otherwise.

bugmenot1983

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2010

considering the last post was this year I figured it was still viable. and it seemed foolish to start a new thread when one existed since I always hear people gripe about starting new posts when there's already one available so as not to have alot of the same question going on

Status
Not open for further replies.