GA K8VM800M NO BOOT

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.giga-byte (More info?)

Hi
My brand new motherboard doesn't boot.
the configuration is ATHLON 64 3000+ , 512MB PC3200 KINGSTON KVR400, HD
MAXTOR 120GB 7200.
The system power on, I measure the power supply voltage ok, no beep message
cpu fan running.
Do you have any suggestion
Thanks Kinse

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.giga-byte (More info?)

Hi Kinse,

I know this is late, but, I saw your post and thought I would respond.
I have a similar problem but with a different MB. In my case, my new
Athlon 64 3000+, 512 MB PC 3200, with Nvidia FX 5500, will not come up
at all, no beeps, no video, only power supply and fans. I put a meter
on my Power Supply as well, and everything there checks good.

However, if I clear the BIOS Rom on the MB, then the next time I turn
it on, I can easily get to the BIOS Options. (AMI) If I try to Save or
other wise leave the BIOS options, the machine plays dead again until I
clear the BIOS Rom again. BTW My MB is a FIC K8-800T, but other than
that, I have the same symptoms as you. Did you ever get this fixed?
Thanks, Roger A.

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.giga-byte (More info?)

The memory was changed and now the system is working, but I still have to
understand if it's compatibility problem or the memory itself.
regards kinse

kinse wrote:
> The memory was changed and now the system is working, but I still have to
> understand if it's compatibility problem or the memory itself.
> regards kinse
> "Roger A." <roger.atkinson@cubic.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
>
>>Hi Kinse,
>>
>>I know this is late, but, I saw your post and thought I would respond.
>>I have a similar problem but with a different MB. In my case, my new
>>Athlon 64 3000+, 512 MB PC 3200, with Nvidia FX 5500, will not come up
>>at all, no beeps, no video, only power supply and fans. I put a meter
>>on my Power Supply as well, and everything there checks good.
>>
>>However, if I clear the BIOS Rom on the MB, then the next time I turn
>>it on, I can easily get to the BIOS Options. (AMI) If I try to Save or
>>other wise leave the BIOS options, the machine plays dead again until I
>>clear the BIOS Rom again. BTW My MB is a FIC K8-800T, but other than
>>that, I have the same symptoms as you. Did you ever get this fixed?
>>Thanks, Roger A.

Run this against your memory. This may tell you what you need to know.

http://www.memtest86.com/#download0