GA-Z270XP-SLI Motherboard bootloops with RAM in slots DDR4_2 and DDR4_4

dilly57

Reputable
Dec 30, 2015
Today I got my new liquid cooling system, a Cooler Master ML240L. After installation, the PSU refused to give power to the motherboard, but I fixed that easily.

The main problem now is that with only the cooler, CPU, and RAM plugged into the PSU, everything boots properly only if RAM is installed into the DDR4_1 and/or DDR4_3 slots.

Specs:
CPU: Intel i7-6700k
GPU: (Not installed) GTX GeForce 970
PSU: SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 850W
CPU Cooler: CoolerMaster ML240L
RAM: 2x8GB Pacific Sun @ 2400MHz and 2x4 GB XPG ADATA @ 2400MHz
I also have four other case fans installed, but unplugged. If it helps, I have a Raidmax Alpha Prime case.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Memory is guaranteed in the form sold. Other combinations you happen to come up with have no guarantee to work together.

Nothing is stopping you from making such combinations, but since the memory has never been tested together before, you are the first to try.

Problems with memory slots not working can often be attributed to bent pins in the CPU socket due to improper CPU installation.

dilly57

Reputable
Dec 30, 2015
There is no problem with the memory as I have tested all of the cards in slots DDR4_1 and DDR4_3. Both card were also a part of my build prior to the upgrade and worked fine.

On the subject of bent pins, I have already checked with a magnifying glass that none of the pins appear to be bent out of place.

Thanks for the response!