[SOLVED] Gabyte ga-990fxa-ud3 won't boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

aaad

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2014
I can't get my Gibyte ga-990fxa-ud3 to run!

It was OK some weeks ago, but I have mounted a new GPU (R9 280x) and a new water cooler...
The CPU is a FX 6300
There is even no boot beep, and no signals on the screen.
The RAM is supposed to be OK
The cooler and all fans run, also the GPU

Any ideas?

aaad

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2014
make and model of the psu?
still work with the old gpu?
PSU: Cooler Master G650M
Work with the old GPU? I don't know...haven't got them anymore.
The new one worked in another rig, though...or possibly not (?) It was placed in a nonfunctional PC, but the owner had been told it was the mobo that was broken.

Last edited:

aaad

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2014
I wonder if the fault lies in the water cooler? Will a defect cooler cause the system not to boot?

I have a Captain Gamer Storm "Something" cooler. The radiator fan runs nice. The cooler pump has a pulsing light at the top when running. When connected to the CPU_Fan connectors, this light run once when turning on the system - then nothing!

If I connect the pump to a system fan connector, it lights up in normal pulsing intervals...but no boot though. Or perhaps the pump not running is a consequence of the system not booting?

aaad

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2014
Well, the PC is up and running... :giggle:

I installed a stock amd-cooler, one of these fancy Ryzen led-coolers, (...did fit the AM3 mount) and voila... :p

I suspect I had a faulty water cooler, as well as a faulty GPU.

There IS NO BOOT-BEEP from the PC. Therefor I suspect the AVI-port on the R9 280x may be broken, and just left me blind. There was still no screen vision after changing the cooler, but a "new" GTX 1070 worked nicely. The 1070 didn't show any display before changing the cooler either...but is ok now.

I'll try the 280x with a hdmi-cable later. The plan for the rig is to set it up with two of these cards in crossfire...

Status
Not open for further replies.