Gaikai Goes Online to Battle OnLive Game Stream

Status
Not open for further replies.

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
"Gaikai differs from OnLive in several different ways, as it looks for other avenues to deliver the hardcore, full gaming experience."

Fun that a game steaming service claim full gaming experience, how can it be full gaming experience?

To my knowledge full gaming experience dont include the below!
* Added latency by rendering (and usually compressing the videostream) on server rather than local?
Usual reduced visuals due to compression compared to local rendering?
Disconnected mid game in your single player game?

So fun to hear the marketing words when they won't fool anyone but the novices/ignorant!

The game stream services has its place when the target client can't handle anything more than the video stream and input but anyone who can afford a descent connection should be able to afford a descent computer.

In the future, mabe... today - No!

liveonc

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2008
Damn lag! My ping was 9-11 playing OnLive & I'm NOT a gamer. Make it like a Lan-Party on an iPad & maybe drunken sailor won't be the only thing you can play on it...

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
Helpful but again, it will chew up your bandwidth.

Even unmetered service have an acceptable use policy and with Mass Effect 2 I can see my acceptable use being destroyed.

squallypie

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2010
ok but why facebook lol. they could create a "gaming" facebook if they apply the concept and add a little social network feel into it.

elcentral

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
yaeh its a great idea to stream games like this but to get it to work great we all must rock on fiber network my friend got it and has 5-10 ping in CS and some more games and it wuld be easy for him to simply stream games of all cinds. but for me not so much

elcentral

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
yaeh its a great idea to stream games like this but to get it to work great we all must rock on fiber network my friend got it and has 5-10 ping in CS and some more games and it wuld be easy for him to simply stream games of all cinds. but for me not so much

G

"hardcore full gaming experience"? With demos of 3 games and Second Life? At least Onlive has full titles. I preordered home front, can't wait.

postalrenegade

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2011
OnLive is by far the best alternative instead of having to go through the trouble of installing a game and not having th most up to date graphics card and what not, Rantoc seems to forget that maybe some people can afford a good connection, a desecnt one atleast but maybe not the best computer for gaming etc, Believe it or not it is that way for some people if not many many people. I deal with the latency issues and sometimes its alittle annoying but its much better than cramming my hd or having installation problems etc, call me a novice or ignorant (which im not because i know not everyone can afford EVERYTHING) but OnLive is were its at when it comes to gaming of the future, Happy Holidays! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.