News Gainward Lists Four Nvidia RTX 30-Series GPUs With Full, Detailed Spec Sheets

nofanneeded

Respectable
Sep 29, 2019
I really want to upgrade because I game on 4K , but after Nvidia did their "super" cards trick I will wait and see what AMD will offer ...

Nvidia ways scares customers alot , who on earth will pay $1499 for RTX 3090 when Nvidia will for sure release a super card a year after ?

I demand that Nvidia gives customers a way to upgrade to any "super" card that will appear in the future , some trade in program.

InvalidError

Titan
Nvidia ways scares customers alot , who on earth will pay $1499 for RTX 3090 when Nvidia will for sure release a super card a year after ?
Having GPU refreshes every 6-9 months was the norm 20 years ago and incremental upgrades back then were also much bigger than they are today.

If you don't like Nvidia's "value proposition", you are always free not to buy or at least skip a few extra iterations between purchases. I'm not a fan of ridiculously expensive GPUs or costly incremental upgrades so I'm planning to stick to my GTX1050 at least until the RTX/GTX3050/whatever-it-may-get-called comes out.

nofanneeded

Respectable
Sep 29, 2019
Having GPU refreshes every 6-9 months was the norm 20 years ago and incremental upgrades back then were also much bigger than they are today.

If you don't like Nvidia's "value proposition", you are always free not to buy or at least skip a few extra iterations between purchases. I'm not a fan of ridiculously expensive GPUs or costly incremental upgrades so I'm planning to stick to my GTX1050 at least until the RTX/GTX3050/whatever-it-may-get-called comes out.

in the Past flagships were $400 (ATI 9700 pro ) .. it was bearable .. now we are talking about $1499 and when you demand people to pay that much you should give them the best for more than six to nine months. Or At least a trade in option.

More over , we know that Nvidia "super" cards were kept just to compete against AMD and not that it is a real "refresh"

Last edited:

InvalidError

Titan
now we are talking about $1499 and when you demand people to pay that much you should give them the best for more than six to nine months.
They are demanding that much because enough people are actually willing to pay that much to make it worth Nvidia's while. If you want GPU prices to come down, you'll have to convince everyone else quit buying them too.

Only problem is that since the dawn of GPGPUs with unified shaders, retail consumers are competing against datacenter sales. I bet both Nvidia and AMD would be more than happy to switch to datacenter-only GPGPUs if retail consumers decided to boycott overpriced GPUs.

Chung Leong

Reputable
Dec 6, 2019

People who value a year worth of their lives at far more than a few hundred bucks? Carpe diem, that what I say. If you want it, buy it. Next year you could be dead.

nofanneeded

Respectable
Sep 29, 2019
People who value a year worth of their lives at far more than a few hundred bucks? Carpe diem, that what I say. If you want it, buy it. Next year you could be dead.

Lol , well it is funny what you just have said , and I agree with some of it , but I wont give my hard earned money for someone who is overpricing his product just because people want to enjoy life before death lol

I can understand your logic in buying a Mercedes Benz instead of Toyota , and enjoying it while it is worth every penny , but not overpriced stuff :p

Reactions: PapaCrazy

EricLane

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2013
I've never watched a reveal. Seems it is at 12PM EST. Is this something that is revealed and online sales go online instantly afterwards? Should I be pulled to the side of the road at 12PM staring at my phone?

spongiemaster

Admirable
Dec 12, 2019
Lol , well it is funny what you just have said , and I agree with some of it , but I wont give my hard earned money for someone who is overpricing his product just because people want to enjoy life before death lol

I can understand your logic in buying a Mercedes Benz instead of Toyota , and enjoying it while it is worth every penny , but not overpriced stuff :p
Value is a completely personal thing. Many people will be perfectly fine with the price, which is why Nvidia will charge what they will charge. I'll wait for the reviews before determining whether it is worth it or not.

spongiemaster

Admirable
Dec 12, 2019
I've never watched a reveal. Seems it is at 12PM EST. Is this something that is revealed and online sales go online instantly afterwards? Should I be pulled to the side of the road at 12PM staring at my phone?
There's no reason to stop your life to watch the reveal. It will be viewable at any time after the live reveal. If you are dead set on getting a 3090 at launch, you may want to free up some time so you can preorder from your vendor of choice. It's not guaranteed, but preorders will probably start at the end of the reveal.

EricLane

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2013
There's no reason to stop your life to watch the reveal. It will be viewable at any time after the live reveal. If you are dead set on getting a 3090 at launch, you may want to free up some time so you can preorder from your vendor of choice. It's not guaranteed, but preorders will probably start at the end of the reveal.
That's what I was wondering. From what I understand, these things sell out quickly and scalpers, or whatever they're called jack the prices up and I feel like this is my one shot. About to change jobs for less money and this is my opportunity to beef up my PC for the next couple years while I adjust to my new life.

GenericUser

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2010
Clearly, the RTX 3090 is meant to be a halo card...

Is calling something a "halo" product some sort of new market buzzword, or has this always been a thing? I've been seeing this term very frequently only more recently, though I'm not exactly burying myself in these types of news articles to know for sure either way.

Aug 16, 2020
If you want to buy a 3080, you should check the 2080 TI and hoping a price drop after the reveal... Because 3080 = 2080 TI =)

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
Can't wait for the RTX 3000 series on PCIe 3 vs PCIe 4 benchmarks to show up. Speaking of, I'm wondering if there's a way to share one GPU to two PCIe 3 slots in an attempt to benefit from one slot PCeI 3 bottlenecks.

The only thing that matters is that he's happy with his 1080Ti for whatever it is he does with it, just like I am happy enough with my GTX1050. There is no need to justify what we're happy (enough) with.
He didn't state his feelings of joy or sadness, he said "fine". That's a very general statement. Had he said he is happy with his 1080ti, that would've been different.

sstanic

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2016
Is calling something a "halo" product some sort of new market buzzword, or has this always been a thing? I've been seeing this term very frequently only more recently, though I'm not exactly burying myself in these types of news articles to know for sure either way.
It is not that new, 10+ years at least. It only means that a product is more a show of technology, intended primarily to show what the rest of the line can do, and not intended to sell in larger quantities, not intended to make any significant revenue. Just a lot of publicity while elevating the price and value perception of lower ranked products in the line.

Can't wait for the RTX 3000 series on PCIe 3 vs PCIe 4 benchmarks to show up. Speaking of, I'm wondering if there's a way to share one GPU to two PCIe 3 slots in an attempt to benefit from one slot PCeI 3 bottlenecks.
Considering the only consumer platform with PCIe Gen4 support is AMD right now, it's not going to be pretty. I did the 9900K vs. 3900X with a variety of GPUs, and even with Gen4 and Navi 1x, the 3900X trailed in just about every instance. Ampere will push the bottleneck even more to the CPU side of things. Hopefully Zen 3 will close the gaming gap with Intel before Rocket Lake arrives.

TRENDING THREADS