Galaxy Note 2 Sells 5 Million Units in 2 Months

Status
Not open for further replies.

fuzzion

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2012
I love my GN 1. Waiting for GN 3 to upgrade. But if you havent got a GN yet, you are seriously missing out. And no I have never used or needed to use the stylus.

okibrian

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2009
That phone is a little too big I think. It's funny how at first the phones were big and everyone wanted smaller ones. Now they want a phone the size of an e-reader. I just don't get it. Also, didn't people hate the pen idea back with CE devices? So why is it cool now?

Darkk

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2003
I bought mine at launch and Sprint just had them available at a local store. They didn't have a demo model out on display yet for me to play around with. The first 5 minutes playing with the unboxed "demo" I was sold. Even though I paid $299 after my upgrade discount it was well worth it.

After using it for a month now it's best phone / mini-tab on the market. It's fast, smooth and easy to use applications. Battery life last me almost two days. Alot better than the Epic 4G which barely lasted half a day of moderate use.

Samsung got it right with this model.

Darkk

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2003
[citation][nom]okibrian[/nom]That phone is a little too big I think. It's funny how at first the phones were big and everyone wanted smaller ones. Now they want a phone the size of an e-reader. I just don't get it. Also, didn't people hate the pen idea back with CE devices? So why is it cool now?[/citation]

Yes the GN II do have a stylus pen (s-pen as Samsung called it) but you don't have to use it. The screen is sensitive enough to do what you need without it. It's nice that I can store the pen inside the phone.

After I get more familiar with it's feature I may try to use the pen more often.

IQ11110002

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2009
Said it from the start this phone would take off, It will be an enormous success(pun intended).
Just waiting for the courier to bring my LTE version, Can't wait to replace ths old iphone 3GS.
Sorry Apple but this phablet destroys all your present offerings by a mile!
Why the switch for me? Simple,
Micro Sd Card
NFC(Quite handy if your mate is also a photographer,swap photos)
Changeable covers(inlcuding metal ones) enough with the plastic argument fanboys,Plastic better for NFC signal anyway!
Bigger screen
Stylus( More fun than you think ) especially for stuffing around drawing/doodling

Now comparing to iphone 5 what does it offer me? A better looking metal case thats about it, Ummm sorry Apple I buy a "smartphone"for functionality.
Maybe you will have my dollars in iphone 6 or 7 but until then you need to pull your finger out as the competition is not playing catch up anymore, It has overtaken you!

masterofevil22

Distinguished
May 13, 2010
I have had one for about a month and it is literally one of the best Electronic devices I'VE EVER OWNED.

FAST...Very Fast!! Quad core Exynos CPU @1.6Ghz. My Galaxy S II was Fast with the Dual core version @1.2ghz. That and an overclocked Mali-400 GPU with 2Gb of shared Ram... Yes Please!
I pair mine with a class 10 Sandisk 64Gb Micro-SD card.

Beautiful, Gorgeous 5.55 Super AMOLED+ HD (non-pentile; ie, each pixel gets it's own set of sub pixels; red, green and blue) Display for Web, Pictures, Anything, is Phenomenal.

S-Pen adds a Lot of unique functionality to the device. It's almost like having a mouse at times; which can be very useful.

HUGE Battery!! This thing gets used more than any device I've ever owned; I love it. I keep the brightness UP and use it at full blast ALL DAY (I'm talking about 7:30am until about 1am or later if I go out; and it's comes thru like a champion with juice to spare.

That's just a few of the things I love about it. More would be the Jelly Bean 4.1.1 OS and the TochWiz is light (not that This device would care), looks good and is actually useful. The default- keyboard does Swype, voice recognition and "normal" input with aplomb and it's BASICALLY JUST A REALLY CLOSE TO PERFECT DEVICE; For me anyway.

Etc. etc. etc. etc. etc... just buy it
FYI, I like the GN4 and the Optimus G and the Droid DNA too, but not expandable mem...?? wtf?? Plus not s-pen if I want it; which I do..

[citation][nom]okibrian[/nom]That phone is a little too big I think. It's funny how at first the phones were big and everyone wanted smaller ones. Now they want a phone the size of an e-reader. I just don't get it. Also, didn't people hate the pen idea back with CE devices? So why is it cool now?[/citation]

Phones back in the day weren't smart phones. Smart phones have much wider usage nowadays than the old school phones did and it makes sense for them to be decently sized. Older phones really just needed to be large enough to fit across the face from microphone to mouth to speaker to ear.

MichaelSP

Honorable
Oct 26, 2012
These figures cannot be representative of the total market though can they? It would be more interesting to find total sales in the first month by country as it still isn't readily available here in Australia. Yes, Optus has it as does one online seller but it is not in any stores yet. It just seems a strange figure to talk about when there may be many people trying to buy it but as yet unable to do so. I certainly wish I could get one! :)

keither5150

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2008
These big phones are not for everyone. I love mine. Our company replaced our blackberry, laptop and 3g stick with the GN2. The LTE is very fast. So fast that I just upgraded my home internet speed to match. The S pen software is great as well as the hand writing recognition. The few guys that chose the iphone 5 for work are trying to dump them after seeing the note2. I am not surprised that it doesn't sell as well as the GS3.

keither5150

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2008
Masterofevil22......yeah, what he said.....
I also put a 64gb card in there for $52 as well.
One improvement would be a camera hole for the flip cover. I know...... easier said than done.

Another very happy Note 2 owner here. :) Best phone on the market, IMO. And I do use the pen, and think it's great. No need to repeat what everyone else here has said; the phone is just straight-up awesome.

djcreeble

Honorable
Nov 20, 2012
Samsung has announced that its Galaxy Note 2 phablet has sold over five million units since its launch two months ago.

.....phablet? is that a cross between a phone and a tablet?

silky salamandr

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2009
Had mine since launch and this is by far one of my most favorite electronic devices. The questions you get and the looks of iphone users when they look at my phone is worth the price. The way it laughs at you when you feed it heavy tasks. This is the first phone I have used that the battery last ALL day. I have my phone unplugged at 430am and dont plug it in till 9pm and still have 30% battery left after very heavy use. I still look at a month later and think to myself this is one beautiful phone the way the light hits that finsh so sexy. Samsung nailed this one and changed the game. It aint even fair anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.