Galaxy Note 3 With 6.3-Inch Display Could be in The Works

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I have the Note 1 at 5.3 inches and was thinking on upgrading to the Note 2 next month but I better wait If I truly want the most gigantic phone ever in the 3. People will really freak out when I whip that bad boy out. They already do with my phone now.

ehanger

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2008
If only the iPhone 5 had a screen this big, then maybe it would be worth buying. Screen size is like penis size, the bigger the better.

assasin32

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2008
This is getting crazy I originally wanted a galaxy note II or samsung SIII before. Than my droid Incredible just bit the dust within the last week so I got my excuse to do an upgrade.

So yesterday I was in the store looking at the phones, the galaxy note II is freaking huge, I do mean huge. I am a pretty big guy and that phone is a mini tablet it's not a phone, it is too large to carry in my opinion.

The SIII was more resonable in terms of size but I opted to just go with the Rarz M since it's cheaper and is mostly on par with the SIII in terms of specs that matter to me while still being cheaper and smaller with a 4.3in screen while maintaining the same approximate size as my droid incredible without the extended battery (so close in fact I have it charging in the incredible's case I have instead of leaving it on the table).

G

Well the Note 1 I have which is slightly wider then the Note 2 does fit in your jeans pocket. I'm a above average sized guy not big hands but I find it takes about 2 weeks to get used to the size then its ok. I dont talk on the phone hardly but using it for text/email and everyday internet use especially on a 4G LTE signal can't be beat by any other phone. The S3 is its little sister. If they can manage to make the screen 6.3 inches and keep the frame around it as close to the existing Notes it wont be impossible to keep on you. I imagine once you see that 1080p vivid screen combined with top notch hardware it will blow most people away and be worth having.

obsama1

Distinguished
The Note II is on the threshold of pocket-able. 6.3" is just insane. No pants can hold it, and unless you can palm a basketball, it will be impossible to hold, much less use, with one hand.

lemlo

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2010
THIS IS UNNACCEPTABLE! I want my 42in television running android with a 64gb microsd card slot! I also want it no thinner than a pencil and as smooth a sheet of ice!!!! If I'm not constantly dropping this device on the concrete is IS NOT UNWEILDY ENOUGH!!!

xemone

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2009
A 6.3" Phablet could retain the same 80.5mm width as the current Galaxy Note 2 or at most the 83mm width of the original Galaxy Note. How? Aspect ratio! If Samsung switched from the common 16:9 and 16:10 aspect ratios to a taller and slimmer 21:9 a 6.3" phablet is doable. It'll just mean that the screen would cover the entire frontal area with it being taller than the norm. A crack/shatter-resistant plastic display overlay will also work better than Corning's Gorilla glass in such a device.

G

Actually the Galaxy Tab 7" (all variants), Galaxy Tab 7.7", Galaxy Tab 10.1", all of them can make phone call. If you really want to astonish people, just bring out one of those and make a phone call.

X-Nemesis

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2009
What WOULD be crazy is if there weren't any other options and >5" was the only choice out there from any manufacturers. So why people write it's crazy makes no sense since we all have choice, and so for people that would like this phone, fantastic, it works for them.

There are still many other options out there for those who want smaller form factor. Maybe when the day comes when 4.3" and smaller phones are eliminated can people start to say "it's crazy", like these bigger phones are somehow limiting their own personal ability to choose their own phone.

G

Guys are going to have to start carrying purses to hold these tablet/phones.

halcyon

Splendid
^Do other manufacturers offer as good an all-around Android experience as Samsung though? I've found that TouchWiz combined with the 2gb of ram and JellyBean to be a really sweet package. I can finally forget about worrying how much ram the device has left and lock-ups and crashes are few and far-between on my S3. I just love this phone. ...and the Note 2 is even more powerful. Can other manufacturers match Samsung here?

burlyed

Honorable
Oct 16, 2012
OK, I want an 11.6" Galaxy uh, ... whatever will be available when the 2 year contract on my new Note 2 expires. With an Otterbox (brief)case and a 2TB SSD card! Well, what do YOU think will be SOTA in 2 years? And what will be the OS of choice?

halcyon

Splendid
The only thing I wasn't crazy about with the Note2 was the 720p screen. I compared the image quality with my wife's iPhone 5 and found the iPhone's display to be brighter and sharper. I really wanted a higher ppi so I took it back and came home with my S3.. ...but I'm sure the Note 3 will have a nice 1080p+ screen.

assasin32

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2008
[citation][nom]djmiller79[/nom]Guys are going to have to start carrying purses to hold these tablet/phones.[/citation]

It's not a purse, its a man bag!!

Or you can go tacti-cool and have a drop down leg holster for your phone attached to a molle belt which houses your spare batteries and charger.

[citation][nom]halcyon[/nom]The only thing I wasn't crazy about with the Note2 was the 720p screen. I compared the image quality with my wife's iPhone 5 and found the iPhone's display to be brighter and sharper. I really wanted a higher ppi so I took it back and came home with my S3.. ...but I'm sure the Note 3 will have a nice 1080p+ screen.[/citation]
I found that the screen on the Note 2 compared very favorably to that of the iPhone 5, but I guess YMMV...

halcyon

Splendid
^I couldn't keep text as small on the Note 2 as I could on the iPhone and have it remain legible. Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking the Note 2. Most people aren't quite so picky.

Status
Not open for further replies.