Question GAMDIAS BOREAS M1-610 ARGB Vs CoolerMaster Hyper 212 LED Turbo

ScreamX

Prominent
Aug 28, 2019
Alright so i am kinda confused about buying these 2CPU air coolers for my processor which is core i7 3770K (socket LGA1155 as i think)
in my country the Gamdias Boreas M1 610 is 675ounds and the cooler master is 750 (LED)but the point is Gamdias as stated by it is website description has more fan speed-air pressure-airflow-air pipes also i like its design more than the coolermaster but that air cooler is kinda new and i literally can't find anyone to give me some reviews about it also if these numbers are really true or is it just for marketing? and is it really better than the coolermaster? or should i go with the coolermaster as i am really worried about the no reviews thing (or if someone here is having it maybe he can give me an idea about it and if it is good or should i stick with the cooler master.

https://www.gamdias.com/component/index.php/en/cooling-1/boreas-m1-610-1#random

Note:i live in a country which temperatures can go up to 45

Lutfij

Titan
Mentioning the country would actually help us two fold. Where do you live? In reality the CoolerMaster Hyper 212 you've listed is a horrible cooler due to the LED fan, the non LED version actually a good cooler. The Gamdias doesn't look a good cooler with its 3 pipe cooler design.

ScreamX

Prominent
Aug 28, 2019
Mentioning the country would actually help us two fold. Where do you live? In reality the CoolerMaster Hyper 212 you've listed is a horrible cooler due to the LED fan, the non LED version actually a good cooler. The Gamdias doesn't look a good cooler with its 3 pipe cooler design.
i live in Egypt
so i should consider the non LED version? you mean the RGB? also The Gamdias has 6 pipes i believe
"Tower Heatsink with 6 Heatpipes " "The meticulously infused Hexa (x6) Copper-Heatpipes (Direct Contact Technology) "

Gamdias as stated by it is website description has more fan speed-air pressure-airflow-air pipes
I am guessing you mean it has a higher CFM fan and more heatpipes. For the fan, it very well might have a higher CFM fan, but the Cooler Master also has 2 times as many fans.
i live in Egypt
so i should consider the non LED version? you mean the RGB? also The Gamdias has 6 pipes i believe
"Tower Heatsink with 6 Heatpipes " "The meticulously infused Hexa (x6) Copper-Heatpipes (Direct Contact Technology) "
As for the heatpipes, the Gamdias only has 3 despite what the marketing says. It is just one end comes out on one side of the heatsink, the other end comes out on the other side.

I would bet the extra heatpipe and extra fan would cause the Cooler Master to perform better.

Also a bit of reputation comes into my recommendation here. The Cooler Master Hyper 212 has been around for more than a decade and has a good reputation and plenty of reviews. The Gamdias? Not really quite as much reputation.

I would get the Hyper 212 Turbo

ScreamX

Prominent
Aug 28, 2019
I am guessing you mean it has a higher CFM fan and more heatpipes. For the fan, it very well might have a higher CFM fan, but the Cooler Master also has 2 times as many fans.

As for the heatpipes, the Gamdias only has 3 despite what the marketing says. It is just one end comes out on one side of the heatsink, the other end comes out on the other side.

I would bet the extra heatpipe and extra fan would cause the Cooler Master to perform better.

Also a bit of reputation comes into my recommendation here. The Cooler Master Hyper 212 has been around for more than a decade and has a good reputation and plenty of reviews. The Gamdias? Not really quite as much reputation.

I would get the Hyper 212 Turbo
I feel confused now ;( i searched for the turbo but It was only LED version and it was even out of stock..i searched for multiple shops in my city and even searched for it in the capital city and it is out of stock too..so i’ve 2options now
1-get the gamdias boreas m1 610
2-wait till the cooler master turbo gets back in stock and i dont know for how much i’ll wait
So I really dont know what should i do noting that i dont overclock so is it really worth the wait? Or the difference will be only 2-3degrees?
EDIT: i found someone selling DeepCool Gammaxx 400 PRO (which is 2fans and 4heat pipes) so do you think this would be better than the gamdias?

Last edited: