[SOLVED] Game’s Crashing Problem EVGA 970

Aug 6, 2021
Hey Everyone, so i’ve been having this problem for about 8 months and it’s slowly gotten worse to the point that i’m making a Post about it. Basically if i’m playing any game it seems to crash, Fortnite < (crashes the most on) Risk of Rain 2, Rocket league, Roblox ETC. I’ve monitored my temps and my load for my GPU and nothing seems wrong whatsoever. I’ve tired switching PCI-E connectors around on my graphics card, didn’t help. I do have the latest graphics drivers. The weirdest thing, When my game crashes, my Pc doesn’t shut off, My 1st monitor turns black, then i press ALT Tab and then it turns to a solid color, and my second monitor just goes crazy (I don’t know if i can post picture, but i do have one when it crashes) I replaced my Mobo and Power supply back in December of 2020, i had some pc problems then. So my Mobo and power supply are only a few months old. I have a EVGA GTX 970. If you need my full specs i can give’em. Things to consider,

I have not wiped my GPU drivers ever, Even when i upgraded to this GPU.

My PC doesn’t crash, just my game does.

Any help would be much appreciated, if you have any questions just ask. Thanks.

Solution
What you are describing can be a faulty card so if you have access to another machine to try it to see if the symptoms follow it would be the best thing. Another than that it can be multitude of other possibilities like failing PSU, mobo and etc.
First step would be wiping the drivers and re install second eliminate or confirm card.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums newcomer!

Could you elaborate on the etc. part for the games listed above? If the titles are all e-sports then there might a problem with your ISP/networking adapter throwing a wrench at the OS. you can host images/videos on Imgur and then parse the links to them on this thread.

As for your build, can you please list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU
PSU:
Chassis:

include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model(and it's wattage). What version of Windows 10 are you working with? BIOS version for your motherboard? By upgrade, what GPU did you have prior?

You're advised to use DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers regardless of what card you had prior, reboot into Safe Mode then manually reinstall your GPU driver with the latest version, in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Aug 6, 2021
Welcome to the forums newcomer!

Could you elaborate on the etc. part for the games listed above? If the titles are all e-sports then there might a problem with your ISP/networking adapter throwing a wrench at the OS. you can host images/videos on Imgur and then parse the links to them on this thread.

As for your build, can you please list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU
PSU:
Chassis:

include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model(and it's wattage). What version of Windows 10 are you working with? BIOS version for your motherboard? By upgrade, what GPU did you have prior?

You're advised to use DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers regardless of what card you had prior, reboot into Safe Mode then manually reinstall your GPU driver with the latest version, in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Thanks,

My specs are

CPU: i7-6700 Skylake
Motherboard: ASrock H110M-DGS
Ram: 16GB older corsair vengeance ram
SSD/HDD: 256gb SSD 500GB Harddrive (no idea what brands they are)
GPU: EVGA GTX 970
PSU: EVGA 500W 80 Plus Bronze
Chassis: Corsair ICUE 220T Mid-Tower Case
OS: Windows 10 (OS Build 19043.1110) I have a Windows Update) One thing that I want to add is that, I watched Jayz2centz and he said that the windows update could be making my game crash or something, so i updated it and it didn't seem to have any problems until a new one came out. I don't know what my BIOS Version I'm running atm.

My GPU Prior to the 970 was a GTX 750 I believe. I Didn't know DDU what a thing until like June of this year. Should I still just wipe my drivers and install new ones to see if it fix's it, Someone on this thread said to unplug my second monitor to see if it changes anything. Thoughts?

What you are describing can be a faulty card so if you have access to another machine to try it to see if the symptoms follow it would be the best thing. Another than that it can be multitude of other possibilities like failing PSU, mobo and etc.
First step would be wiping the drivers and re install second eliminate or confirm card.

Solution