[SOLVED] Game crash issues with AMD Radeon RX 580 8gb

Sep 7, 2019
So I just upgraded my computer’s graphics card to an AMD Radeon RX 580 8gb and I’ve been experiencing some issues with games crashing. My current specs are as follows CPU: Intel Pentium G4400 (I’m planning on upgrading to an intel core i7 6700) RAM: 8gb of ddr4 ram Motherboard: msi h110m pro-D Power Supply: Corsair vs 650 GPU: XFX AMD Radeon RX 580 8gb. So the problem I’m running into is that my games crashing without warning. Games like rocket league and overwatch have both crashed 10-15 minutes into play, and Rainbow six siege crashes as soon as I start a situation or terrorist hunt (it’s also worth noting that in rainbow six siege, when I start the game, I get a notification in the top left corner saying that this game doesn’t have supported drivers even though I’ve downloaded the latest AMD adrenaline drivers). I’ve downloaded msi afterburner, but I’m clueless as to how I can prevent my GPU from overheating using its software that I am unfamiliar with. Earlier, I noticed that the max temp for my gpu in afterburner was set to 90 degrees Celsius so I turned it down to 70, but the problems continue to persist.

Solution
I would definitely worry about the temperature as it is one of the major issues to causing game crash.
Your temperature should not exceed the 90c mark. When it does, the game crashes to prevent any damage to your GPU. While playing the game, keep MSI Afterburner open and check the temperature, should be around 65c-70c under load and 30c to 40c at idle. If it was higher than that, increase the fan speed to around 50%. It should look like this:
gEygCGH.png

Also provide Event Log.
Huh that is an odd one. I wouldn't worry about the temps that would just result in a slowdown not a crash. I would do a clean driver install. I believe AMD has their own driver cleaning utility. It is possible you have a mix of old and new drivers and that is causing the problem.

AshMetalRaf

Reputable
Sep 19, 2018
I would definitely worry about the temperature as it is one of the major issues to causing game crash.
Your temperature should not exceed the 90c mark. When it does, the game crashes to prevent any damage to your GPU. While playing the game, keep MSI Afterburner open and check the temperature, should be around 65c-70c under load and 30c to 40c at idle. If it was higher than that, increase the fan speed to around 50%. It should look like this:
gEygCGH.png

Also provide Event Log.

Solution
Sep 7, 2019
gEygCGH.png

Also provide Event Log.
Hey, I tried out what you said and it seemed to fix things with overwatch, but rainbow six siege is still having issues. Everything will run smoothly, but as soon as I go to enter a game, it immediately crashes. I checked the temperatures in afterburner while the crash was happening and nothing spiked or anything. I think it may be a software issue. I don't know much about graphics drivers, but is it possible that going from nvidia to amd could be an issue??

AshMetalRaf

Reputable
Sep 19, 2018
Hey, I tried out what you said and it seemed to fix things with overwatch, but rainbow six siege is still having issues. Everything will run smoothly, but as soon as I go to enter a game, it immediately crashes. I checked the temperatures in afterburner while the crash was happening and nothing spiked or anything. I think it may be a software issue. I don't know much about graphics drivers, but is it possible that going from nvidia to amd could be an issue??
Kindly provide Event Logs by going to Event Viewer>Windows Logs>Applications