Game Development: MOBILE PC WEB

brianjay0914

Reputable
May 5, 2014
I m taking game development course at CIIT, or I m about to.

and it seems like they re focusing in mobile game development as seen in
"Field of Specialization " here:
http://www.ciit.edu.ph/courses/bachelors-degree/entertainment-multimedia-computing-program/game-development/

I think they'll be teaching mobile game dev and console . I'm not sure

I want to make games in computer too. so my question is. when I graduate. Is it possible for me to apply to computer game companies such as rockstar ea etc.? or I will be stuck at mobile game development companies?

and if this question is dumb. are all game development course starts with mobile?

in PH there are 4 schools that offer game dev and roughly costs about $4,300 per year
and the school I'll be taking is half the price. in the 3 schools . the PC game development is mentioned. but in this school isn't.

PLS ENLIGHTEN ME UP. Im so stupid.

I think you just misunderstood what they were saying. School will only get you started. Game dev is too broad. Each job has it's own skills to learn and one person isn't going to do it all. A game artist won't be a programmer, a programmer won't be an animator, etc. They may know a little in the other fields but you have to specialize to get a job. That's what specializations are, those specific fields in game development.

You don't start from any device actually. You will probably start with "hello world." The course list looks like programming then you can program for any game if they are teaching the right languages. I don't see why they even list animation when none of that is animation or art courses and they have a separate animation program. Then the animation program states audio and sound engineering. That's not going to happen, they will get someone who went through an audio program. They seem to be confused.

brianjay0914

Reputable
May 5, 2014

thanks for enlighten me up. by the way I have already waste 1 and half years in college just to get to my dream course. I already know some basic language such as c and c++.... logic and datastractures and algorithim

I Just got confused with the possible career written. on the other school theres . " Game Programmer for multiple
platform (mobile, PC and web platform) " and in website of my school, its written as "mobile game development" so I just thought thats the limitation . thank you for explaining it well.

I think what I'm pointing out in this thread is that, am I will not be limited to Mobile game development in terms of (programming design animation etc).