Question game is freezing after new gpu

Jun 12, 2019
hello im change my gpus from hd6570 (amd) to gtx 750 (nvidia)
my spec : core i5 2500
4gb ram
1 tb hdd
cooler master mwe 450 watt 80+
i just go to my game and the game is freeze
i just update my windows 10 i update driver vga i update my bio
pls help me :( game i cant play : fortnite,apex legend,csgo,gtav
game i can play : dota,h1z1,point blank,pubg,pubg lite,pubg mobile

Reactions: PC Tailor

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
does that GTX750 comes with 6 pin power slot?

Nah, I don't think any of the GTX 750 cards require any external PCI-e connector. As per this database, ""Being a single-slot card, the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 does not require any additional power connector, its power draw is rated at 55 W maximum.

https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/geforce-gtx-750.c1986
Correct from my experience - I've yet to see a 750 / 750Ti model that requires additional power. I believe it only uses 55W so power should come purely from PCIe slot. But I guess we'll see what OP replies to us with!

Reactions: Metal Messiah.
Nah, I don't think any of the GTX 750 cards require any external PCI-e connector. As per this database, ""Being a single-slot card, the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 does not require any additional power connector, its power draw is rated at 55 W maximum.

https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/geforce-gtx-750.c1986

i was just asking. i heard before some board partner still provide the 6 pin to some 750ti's not because they want to provide more power to the GPU but they want to route most of the power from the 6 pin and ease the stress on the PCI-E slot.

Jun 12, 2019
If it still occurs in safe mode, then core OS is a problem or hardware. I'd sooner jump on hardware if it came only after you installed a new GPU.

Can you remove the GPU and run on integrated graphics alone and see if the freezing continues?
If it still occurs in safe mode, then core OS is a problem or hardware. I'd sooner jump on hardware if it came only after you installed a new GPU.

Can you remove the GPU and run on integrated graphics alone and see if the freezing continues?
No freeze again when im use the old one (amd hd 6570)
Thats psu its new i just bought it 1-2 month ago :(

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
its the problem from the gpu?
If the problem does not occur with the old GPU. When you said you installed new drivers, did you completely clear all previous ones using DDU in safe mode specifically?

If not, do that.

If you did use DDU in safe mode, then I would probably suggest a faulty GPU and would return it.
A faulty PSU with a GPU drawing more power can equally cause issues, but I would sooner replace the GPU being as that is the new item.

Reactions: NightHawkRMX