Question Game reinstalling for no reason??

Apr 11, 2020
So I had the game GTA V running fine and decided to quit the game and try to restart it. As soon as I did, it came up with the "updating GTA" window from Steam except it said "ready in 2 days". I was confused as hell so went to the library to see GTA V was REINSTALLING even though I just had it running fine as ever.
As of right now it's only done 1GB out of 86GB but I've already got 2 versions of the game files (one for mods) and they arent working through the launcher at all. I'm panicking now because all I did prior to that is change the name of the folder containing the files because apparently that would make the mods work. Any help would be amazing.

Steam looks in a specific location for the game files. if you rename or move the folder containing those files, Steam will recreate the original location and reinstall the entire game there again.
just cancel the reinstall and move your files back to the default location. Steam will recheck/rehash the game files and only update what is needed, if anything.

you have to go into Steam's game settings and change the default install location for the game if you want to move it.

Apr 11, 2020
Steam looks in a specific location for the game files. if you rename or move the folder containing those files, Steam will recreate the original location and reinstall the entire game there again.
just cancel the reinstall and move your files back to the default location. Steam will recheck/rehash the game files and only update what is needed, if anything.

you have to go into Steam's game settings and change the default install location for the game if you want to move it.
Thankyou for trying to help but I'm still confused though as it says the location it looks should be Local Drive, Program Files x86, Steam, steamapps, common, and then select Grand Theft Auto V (modded) or Grand Theft Auto Clean.
I cant see what the issue is when it says "Installed 3" and yet it cant find it according to what you mentioned. Could you give me a step by step as to how to get this fixed please?

Program Files x86, Steam, steamapps, common
if your "local drive" is C:,
than it is C:\Program Files x86\Steam\Steamapps\common. no commas.

what exactly are you asking?
if you want your GTAV game library link back to normal and to stop the new install;
all I did prior to that is change the name of the folder containing the files
rename it back to it's original folder name and let Steam rehash the files.

Apr 11, 2020
if your "local drive" is C:,
than it is C:\Program Files x86\Steam\Steamapps\common. no commas.

what exactly are you asking?
if you want your GTAV game library link back to normal and to stop the new install;

rename it back to it's original folder name and let Steam rehash the files.
Yeah I renamed the folders back to what they were and it worked! Still have an issue with Rage Plugin for mods though, it doesnt launch the game through Steam at all, instead just sits there saying "Launching via Steam" with nothing happening.