[SOLVED] Game stutter

anjris

Reputable
Aug 5, 2019
Hi Team,

I am playing a Detroit become Human game on PC where Game has max limit of 60 FPS. Not more than that.

I am playing game which is showing 60 FPS benchmark. But game is stuttering in between.

I have enabled the GSYNC for particular game in NVIDIA Control panel. but still its stuttering.

And VSYNC is off inside the game.

My monitor refresh rate is 144HZ.

Pleasew let me know what can i change to stop stuttering the game.

I believe Gsync has suppose to fix this issue but it not working in my case. Why?

Solution
Yeah I saw the sig through your profile. Thank you though.

DDU (display driver uninstaller) is a great program to fully remove previous GPU drivers that may malfunction, are corrupt, etc...
Use it following these instructions:
I have performed the same just now. But no luck. Thanks anyways for Great tutorial. it will be handy for future as well.

But i have fixed the issue in another way.

There is some setting called Over drive in monitor settings. it was set to Extreme

So i have turned it OFF and my issue has ben resolved. Now there is no stuttering at all.

I guess this setting is to minimize the response time...

anjris

Reputable
Aug 5, 2019
I am answering through a smartphone and in the mobile version of Tom's hardware forum, the signature is not displayed.

That monitor has a gsync range of 30-165Hz so you should be more than good. The stuttering is elsewhere. Did you try DDU?
What is DDU?

Please find my PC specs below

MY BUILD: Core i7 9700K, Noctua Noctua NH-U14S Cooler, MSI Z390 Ace, G.Skill F4-3200C16Q-32GTZR, Seasonic PRIME TX-850 , MSI RTX 2080 Gaming Trio, Cooler Master MB500 RGB, SAMSUNG 860 EVO 500GB, WD Green 120GB, 5x Nocuta NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM , Gigabyte Force K83, Razer Death Elite, Windows 10 Pro.

DDU (display driver uninstaller) is a great program to fully remove previous GPU drivers that may malfunction, are corrupt, etc...

anjris

Reputable
Aug 5, 2019

I have performed the same just now. But no luck. Thanks anyways for Great tutorial. it will be handy for future as well.

But i have fixed the issue in another way.

There is some setting called Over drive in monitor settings. it was set to Extreme

So i have turned it OFF and my issue has ben resolved. Now there is no stuttering at all.

I guess this setting is to minimize the response time of monitor. in Manual its written 4ms GTG response time.

I want to know when to set extreme, Normal and OFF option under overdrive settings in monitor?

Solution