GamersGate Offering Free Ad-Based PC/Mac Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

internetlad

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2011
I'll stick with Steam, thanks. Commercials are the reason I don't watch TV, Movies, look at billboards, go outside or open my blinds during the day.

someguynamedmatt

Distinguished
If that's all there was to it, then this could be great. But I can almost guarantee you that when you sign up for this, you'll have spam being shoved in and out of places you didnt even know you had.

G

Sounds good for the games I don't want to pay for, I have a spam email so they can have at it.

BirdzThaWord

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2010
I just noticed something, what about multiplayer? Will these games come with their own encrypted product key or something? Because if it's only singleplayer that would be very disappointing :/

arlandi

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2007
hmm... i may have to create a new email account just for trying this. as long as their service is open to everyone around the world, i'm in.

rohitbaran

Distinguished
Well, unless they are installing trojans and spyware in my PC, I am fine with watching advertizements and playing games. But then, things are never that simple, are they?

gerchokas

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2011
[citation][nom]rohitbaran[/nom]Well, unless they are installing trojans and spyware in my PC, I am fine with watching advertizements and playing games. But then, things are never that simple, are they?[/citation]

dont matter. new win7 partition to take on the crap, new e-mail service to handle the spam, new identity to spend 23hrs a day of hardcore playing

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]joshyboy82[/nom]yeah, they harvest your info when you create a login.[/citation]
and? it's still your decision on how much info you give them...or how much of it is actually true

doorspawn

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2010
If all the money we spent on advertising was spent on productivity we'd be soooo far ahead of where we are now.

Not to mention, we'd be far better at selecting products on their actual value.

So, NTY for me, too. And Gratz to whoever writes the 1st ad-block for this.

macewrox

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2011
This sounds pretty good honestly, what they should do is have a little survey thing when you sign up, "What are you interested, choose 10." And have a list of like two to three dozen options to choose from. That way I'll be watching hardware and video game commercials instead of ones for prozac and tampons.

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
GamersGate currently offers over 3,000 titles including the upcoming Duke Nukem Forever and Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Darkspore, Dragon Age 2, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, Bulletstorm, Dead Space 2 and loads more.

The way that this is written seems to suggest all those games have not been released yet that were mentioned by name which of course most of those are. Either this was a strange fluke or this was written before the release of some of those games and posted now. Which would suggest this article is more of a advertisement.

[citation][nom]BirdzThaWord[/nom]I just noticed something, what about multiplayer? Will these games come with their own encrypted product key or something? Because if it's only singleplayer that would be very disappointing[/citation]

In this situation what I would aim for is dealing with all future releases that have multi-player is to have newly generated and expiring keys that expire every month. This way the service isn't simply used to harvest working keys to be given, used, or sold.

Status
Not open for further replies.