GamersGate VOID is Live, Play for Free After Watching Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

yzf197

Honorable
May 1, 2012
what a waste of time, the only game i like on there is painkiller, and i'm not going to replay that just to watch a minute long ad. hope they enjoy spamming my email, because that's all their getting out of me unless they ad some GOG level material.

blackjackcf

Honorable
Mar 8, 2012
[citation][nom]yzf197[/nom]what a waste of time, the only game i like on there is painkiller, and i'm not going to replay that just to watch a minute long ad. hope they enjoy spamming my email, because that's all their getting out of me unless they ad some GOG level material.[/citation]

Yes, their selection is slim. I think it's definitely an interesting concept though, hence why I thought it was newsworthy. It's definitely something you'd look into if they were to increase their selection, no?

ddemon

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2011
This idea reminds me of left4dead 2 on Steam as the game is quite cheap (was $20Au when i got it, the best zombie game ever is well worth that ...lol), you get all the L4D 1 content with it, and the online multi player is all free but you do get an add every time you enter a multi player game, seams like a logical progression to this kind of gaming.

psycho sykes

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2009
Again with the potential of a Hulu.com-esque path for this one. Still, if it remains free and global and increases their selection pool, then it's definitely something very newsworthy. In fact, I might stop buying games by then!

djscribbles

Honorable
Apr 6, 2012
Someday soon everything will be available for free via ad supported; including cars, clothes, food, internet services, etc.

5 years later, the advertising bubble will collapse, as corporate leadership begins to realize that nobody is actually buying anything anymore leading to global chaos and panic as all the marketing execs move to a recently evacuated private island with 95% of the globes net worth.

They will live like kings, lording their wealth over the poor nations of the world for approx 10 years, until they realize nobody on their island can actually do anything constructive; meanwhile, bottle-caps become the new global currency for the remainder of the poor-broken nations of the world.

So start stocking your bottle-caps today folks. Definitely gonna happen, don't say I didn't warn you. /endboredom

4745454b

Titan
I'll check it out. Even if I don't like any of the games it doesn't hurt to support this kind of thing. And even if it does go premium as long as the price is right I might even continue. I could even see a 3 free and $8 (like netflix?) for an extra ? slots. With a big enough game selection this could be great.

G

It would be nice if we could sort VOID games by popularity, release date, etc. I went ahead and did it to practice my python programming. Here are the results for games with 10 or more ratings, in case anyone is interested:

HOI/hearts-of-iron 4.8 (17 votes cast)
KB/kings-bounty-the-legend-fg 4.6 (21 votes cast)
FO/flatout 4.6 (15 votes cast)
HOI2/hearts-of-iron-2 4.5 (36 votes cast)
EU2/europa-universalis-2 4.5 (18 votes cast)
MAJESTY/majesty-gold-edition 4.5 (14 votes cast)
ROME/europa-universalis-rome 4.4 (19 votes cast)
MOW/men-of-war 4.3 (25 votes cast)
CK/crusader-kings 4.3 (23 votes cast)
UFOET/ufo-extraterrestrials 4.1 (37 votes cast)
CTKC/crusaders-thy-kingdom-come 4.1 (36 votes cast)
ELVEN/elven-legacy 4 (50 votes cast)
FLOCK/flock 4 (19 votes cast)
HORIZON/dark-horizon 3.9 (25 votes cast)
TROY/battle-for-troy 3.9 (23 votes cast)
TC2M/take-command-2nd-manassas 3.9 (18 votes cast)
DTS/death-to-spies 3.9 (17 votes cast)
SILENT/silent-heroes 3.8 (26 votes cast)
FT/freight-tycoon 3.8 (22 votes cast)
FW/fantasy-wars 3.8 (10 votes cast)
SW/star-wolves 3.7 (24 votes cast)
AOB/age-of-booty 3.6 (15 votes cast)
DVZ/dark-void-zero 3.6 (13 votes cast)
AC130/ac-130-operation-devastation 3.5 (42 votes cast)
SR1/space-rangers 3.5 (23 votes cast)
KFC/korea-forgotten-conflict 3.5 (21 votes cast)
VC/valhalla-chronicles 3.5 (18 votes cast)
DVOID/dark-void 3.4 (51 votes cast)
PKING/puzzle-kingdoms 3.4 (14 votes cast)
ATAXI/ancient-taxi 3.4 (12 votes cast)
GLISE/gods-lands-of-infinity-special-edition 3.4 (11 votes cast)
VVS/vivisector-beast-within 3.3 (19 votes cast)
YAE/you-are-empty 3.3 (12 votes cast)
ALEXG/alex-gordon 3.2 (16 votes cast)
AF/astro-fury 3.2 (13 votes cast)
ABD/action-ball-deluxe 3.2 (11 votes cast)
HU2009/hunting-unlimited-2009 3.1 (23 votes cast)

Status
Not open for further replies.