GamersPortal: Giving Gamers Their Own Space

Status
Not open for further replies.

secolliyn

Distinguished
May 3, 2006
not[citation][nom]clonazepam[/nom]I wonder how many fake female profiles they will create to get the thing off the ground and running, lol[/citation]

Gamer Girls are Real just because you've never seen one does not mean they are not out there

inuit

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2011
It looks great so far, i just checked it out. @clonazepam, from what i can tell, the site is less about that, more about gaming. and most profiles i looked at seem pretty damn populated. I don't think fake accounts post up status updates and have game/person albums lol

Anyway, curious to see where it goes

zanny

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2008
[citation][nom]secolliyn[/nom]notGamer Girls are Real just because you've never seen one does not mean they are not out there[/citation]

His point is not that they do not exist, it is that making fake women on the site will attract horny teenage gamer nerds who want female companionship in more ways than one.

On topic, Steam is my gaming social network, because guess what: I like to game instead of spend time chatting on facebook. So if I boot up steam and see someone on, I go hey lets play a game and actually PLAY GAMES.

ltdementhial

Aug 20, 2011
i hear of this before...i think it was called..x..something...fire...xfire...i think

Oh and Gamespy, and Steam community...and more new CoD Elite, Battlelog, Live, PSN...of course this is for more than 1 game or a console its for gamers but there are plenty of forums out there...so it think this of "social network gaming" its ...foolish

[citation][nom]secolliyn[/nom]notGamer Girls are Real just because you've never seen one does not mean they are not out there[/citation]

Oh i know... I was huge into EQ and we had plenty of husband/wife teams. Female dwarf rogues with beards ftw!

I was poking fun but it is something that happens...

inuit

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2011
[citation][nom]ltdementhial[/nom]i hear of this before...i think it was called..x..something...fire...xfire...i thinkOh and Gamespy, and Steam community...and more new CoD Elite, Battlelog, Live, PSN...of course this is for more than 1 game or a console its for gamers but there are plenty of forums out there...so it think this of "social network gaming" its ...foolish[/citation]

Um xfire's site is pretty terrible and their client is lacking. If you were to actually take a second to look at this, you'll realize xfire or steam are pretty different to this.

Will it work? who the hell knows, but its lookin good so far

on a side note, BF3 RULES!!!!

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
[citation][nom]clonazepam[/nom]I wonder how many fake female profiles they will create to get the thing off the ground and running, lol[/citation]

LOL, I just went for registration and in the form, the gender by default is female xDDDD

vaguedreams

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2007
[citation][nom]amk-aka-phantom[/nom]LOL, I just went for registration and in the form, the gender by default is female xDDDD[/citation]
You don't think that might have something to do with f coming before m in the alphabet do you? Or even in slang terms Chicks come before Dudes. I guess you could go with bro's before ho's, or boys before girls, but both seem a bit childish.

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011

No, I don't think so. I think it has more to do with being [:amk-aka-phantom:1] politically correct [:amk-aka-phantom:1] and convincing gamers that there're females on that website :)

deadly4u

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2009
[citation][nom]clonazepam[/nom]I wonder how many fake female profiles they will create to get the thing off the ground and running, lol[/citation]

My sister is a gamer girl. She's been to most of my LAN parties. She's mostly a PC gamer :D

9_breaker

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2011
[citation][nom]deadly4u[/nom]My sister is a gamer girl. She's been to most of my LAN parties. She's mostly a PC gamer[/citation]

don't advertise your sister . i think she would be pised if she saw this raaaaaaaaaaw

guardianangel42

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2010
[citation][nom]amk-aka-phantom[/nom]No, I don't think so. I think it has more to do with being politically correct and convincing gamers that there're females on that website[/citation]

+1 for turian air quotes.

And people said the writing was bad...

Status
Not open for further replies.