[SOLVED] Games and benchmarks (Heaven Unigine) crash the PC.

May 28, 2020
Recently, I discovered that my GTX 760 has been running at 101 degrees C, which is absurdly high for anything especially a 6 year old GPU. I have not experienced crashing or black screens just really low fps on games.

I never renewed the thermal paste so I bought a new paste and finally did. I also re-pasted my cpu to be safe.

Now the gpu temps hit 54 degrees C, but my problem is, it now crashes. It really makes no sense to me if overheating is the problem since it still "ran" when it was still over 100 degrees C.

Running heaven by unigine crashes the PC at even the lowest settings for the benchmark, after 3-5 seconds it blacks out, then reopens with a static random color, be it white, light blue, pink, green, etc. The PC wont do anything unless I force restart it, but occasionally it restarts by itself.

Could it be my old PSU or GPU?

Everything in the PC was updated in the past 5 months except for my PSU and GPU, any help would be appreciated, thank you guys so much!

Specs:
CPU: Intel Core i5-7600 (new)
GPU: Nvidia GTX 760 (old)
Ram: 8GB DDR4 G.Skill (new)
Storage: 1TB Toshiba HDD (new)
PSU: 500W Huntkey (old)
Motherboard: Asus Prime 5310 M (new)

Solution
Well i just looked at PSU prices in the USA and they are insane right now.

My go to is normally a EVGA SuperNova G2 or G3
Corsair CXM, RM, RMx,
SeaSonic FOCUS plus Gold, S12III, M12III

Try to say away from the Corsair CV, and older CX models

Im sure i missed a lot of good and bad PSU but im just going off the top of my head
Get a new PSU Huntkey units are not very good. what country and what price are you willing to spend for a new one.

Remember the PSU is the heart of the system, if it can supply voltage to the parts then your computer wont work right...... as you can see from your issue your having now.

May 28, 2020
Did you overclock your card? The gpu temps hit 54C but you said it crashes after 3 to 5 seconds so it didnt really have time to heat up. Did you repaste it correctly and installed the gpu back correctly?
No Sir, I haven't overclocked my card, it does crash after 3-5 seconds when I am running the heaven unigine benchmark. Im pretty sure I repasted it well, I watched a lot of tutorials on how to properly to do so, I used a small circle in the middle to paste and I made sure I placed it back properly :D

Also Sir, are you saying that the GPU is now too cool to run?

May 28, 2020
Get a new PSU Huntkey units are not very good. what country and what price are you willing to spend for a new one.

Remember the PSU is the heart of the system, if it can supply voltage to the parts then your computer wont work right...... as you can see from your issue your having now.
Thank you sir! I am from the Philippines, I think I can spend around $100-120 on a better PSU. Any suggestions sir? :D
Thank you once again!

Corsair CXM, RM, RMx,

Im sure i missed a lot of good and bad PSU but im just going off the top of my head

Solution
May 28, 2020

Corsair CXM, RM, RMx,

Thank you sir! I will check this out! :D

TRENDING THREADS