[SOLVED] Games are lagging after installing new soundcard

Jan 14, 2020
I bought new headphones so i also bought the Creative Sound Blaster AE-9 PE. After I installed it and got the right software, everything seemed to work fine until i started a game and saw that it was lagging pretty hard. I then removed the soundcard and everything was fine again.
My system consists of:
Msi 8GB d6 RTX 2070 Armor 8G
Ryzen 7 2700x
Asus Prime X470-Pro
D432GB 2666-16 Vengeance LPX bk K2 COR
be quiet! STRAIGHT POWER11 CM 650W ATX24
be quiet! SILENT BASE 601 Windowsrbk ATX

be quiet! Dark Rock 4

I tried different PCI slots, I deinstalled the onboard audio drivers. I checked mainboard cpu and gpu drivers. The memory utilization on both cpu and gpu are low and the temperature CPU-Z shows is 50°C max. I dont know what is wrong and would love some help on why games and sometimes videos are lagging when i have the card installed. The card as is works fine after installation, it just seems mess with games and stuff.
Thank you for your help and im open to post more information.

Solution
Borrow a set of USB headphones, if you can, and with your new headphones unplugged try the USB Headset.
If it still lags, do what's necessary and remove the sound card and then try the USB headset. USB, as far as I know does NOT use a sound card nor the onboard audio; functions through Windows. If the lag is still present then the problem is Not with the sound card.
If the lag goes away using the USB, find a friend or another PC and try just your new headset on that computer. I don't think the headset would cause the problem but it would be worth a try; obviously if they work fine on another PC without causing the lag in games, the headset is o.k.
Lastly: It could very well be a bad sound card. If it comes down to the sound card, I...
Jan 14, 2020
That answer doesnt really help me with my problem... i would like to know whats wrong with the card and my system because I actually bought it and before i even think about buying another card i would like to know where the problem is.

I deinstalled the onboard audio drivers
After you uninstalled native sound drivers and after a restart did your computer just reinstall said driver.

If so just go to device manager find the native driver and right click and choose to Disable it rather than uninstalling it. see if your fixed.

If not you can go into BIOS and Disable on board sound from there. See if your fixed.

Hope this helps

Jan 14, 2020
After you uninstalled native sound drivers and after a restart did your computer just reinstall said driver.

If so just go to device manager find the native driver and right click and choose to Disable it rather than uninstalling it. see if your fixed.

If not you can go into BIOS and Disable on board sound from there. See if your fixed.

Hope this helps
thanks for your answer but i unfortunatly already disabled the onboard sound in the BIOS and it didnt solve the problem

Borrow a set of USB headphones, if you can, and with your new headphones unplugged try the USB Headset.
If it still lags, do what's necessary and remove the sound card and then try the USB headset. USB, as far as I know does NOT use a sound card nor the onboard audio; functions through Windows. If the lag is still present then the problem is Not with the sound card.
If the lag goes away using the USB, find a friend or another PC and try just your new headset on that computer. I don't think the headset would cause the problem but it would be worth a try; obviously if they work fine on another PC without causing the lag in games, the headset is o.k.
Lastly: It could very well be a bad sound card. If it comes down to the sound card, I would try returning it or exchanging it and try again. From your post it sounds like you have done a lot of trouble shooting and my first thought when I read the post was that the card was faulty. Happens to everyone --- new items sometimes don't work (couple of my own experiences - 5900 video card, Corsair HX power supply, ASUS motherboard; all new and defective- all happily replaced under warranty).

Last edited:
Solution

TRENDING THREADS