i have just bought gt 1030 r5 2GB low profile for optiplex 980
Intel(R) Core(TM) I7 cpu 870 @ 2.93ghz
8.00 GB ram
NVIDIA GeForce GT 1030
it doesn't work fine games are lagging such as battlefield 3
assassin's creed rogue
the video card supports this games why is it lagging and how to fix it

Solution
On what screen resolution are you playing this Game ? Those games are graphic demanding on the GPU, and the GT 1030 is a weak video card.
Bottleneck is going to be there, IMO.

By lagging, you mean to say very poor frame rates/stuttering ?

Actually the GT 1030/GP108 is just an entry level card...Not that powerful, but for casual games it should be OK....Depends on which particular PC game you are playing on this GT variant. Are you on 1080p Monitor screen, or 720p ?

I won't call this card bad though. Make a note though...First of all, GTX are actually meant to be gaming cards. The 1030 is not a GTX, it is a GT. Nvidia's GT lineup is meant for computers to run light programs, web browsing, office work and also for some...
On what screen resolution are you playing this Game ? Those games are graphic demanding on the GPU, and the GT 1030 is a weak video card.

Actually the GT 1030/GP108 is just an entry level card...Not that powerful, but for casual games it should be OK....Depends on which particular PC game you are playing on this GT variant. Are you on 1080p Monitor screen, or 720p ?

I won't call this card bad though. Make a note though...First of all, GTX are actually meant to be gaming cards. The 1030 is not a GTX, it is a GT. Nvidia's GT lineup is meant for computers to run light programs, web browsing, office work and also for some casual/light gaming as well.... I won't expect a mind blowing performance though.

This card is more suited for eSports and DirectX9/11-based games, IMO, and it also has a single-slot/low-profile form factor (30 watts TDP).
Any GTX GPU is better than a GT variant.

It also depends on the resolution you are playing games. This system won’t be able to play games at 1920x1080 resolution very well. Some older PC games might work, but with the exception of eSports games, in most cases the GT1030 can’t comfortably hit 60 FPS at 1080p resolution. If you don’t mind playing at 720p resolution, the GT 1030 will do pretty well.

I’ve summed up the capabilities of this GPU, but you are going to be pushing the capabilities of the CPU as well.

Solution
Jul 26, 2019

I won't call this card bad though. Make a note though...First of all, GTX are actually meant to be gaming cards. The 1030 is not a GTX, it is a GT. Nvidia's GT lineup is meant for computers to run light programs, web browsing, office work and also for some casual/light gaming as well.... I won't expect a mind blowing performance though.

This card is more suited for eSports and DirectX9/11-based games, IMO, and it also has a single-slot/low-profile form factor (30 watts TDP).
Any GTX GPU is better than a GT variant.

It also depends on the resolution you are playing games. This system won’t be able to play games at 1920x1080 resolution very well. Some older PC games might work, but with the exception of eSports games, in most cases the GT1030 can’t comfortably hit 60 FPS at 1080p resolution. If you don’t mind playing at 720p resolution, the GT 1030 will do pretty well.

I’ve summed up the capabilities of this GPU, but you are going to be pushing the capabilities of the CPU as well.
i thought it will work will cuz it did in this video
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znB3v6ZOmb4

TRENDING THREADS