[SOLVED] Games are lagging with new setup, please Help

Aug 30, 2021
I upgraded my PC recently, the specs are:
Motherboard: H510M S2H rev 1
GPU: GIGABYTE OC G1 GTX 1050 Ti 4GB
CPU: i3 10100f
RAM: 2 x Geil EVO Potenza 8GB DDR4 RAM 3200Mhz
PSU: MWE 650 White
and in a game like Strongholds Warlords, I'm barely getting 40~50 FPS on low settings with 1360x768 resolution, and Battlefield V is completely unplayable it runs
on 10 FPS!!! I've tried reinstalling the graphics driver multiple times
I've switched my RAM's slot, unplugged and replugged my GPU, didn't fix it
I'm actually so upset that I can't use the new setup properly, it's been 2 weeks now:(
does anybody know how to fix this? please help

EDIT: I've tried reinstalling windows too, and btw I tried enabling XMP but my windows kept showing blue screen error, then I disabled it, and then I manually increased my RAM speed to 2666
I'm also facing another issue with my Monitor's sound as well, I thought that this might be somehow related to my current question, I asked that here, read for more details:

EDIT:
I had graphic driver version 466.77 installed, in Stronghold warlords game, the FPS was like 20~30

then I installed version 471.68, and without restarting my PC I launched the game and the fps was a little bit higher, something like +10 (not acceptable though, this is not good at all):
ntzr7IK.png

THEN, I decided to restart the PC hoping that the FPS would get even better, but it was less than before restarting:
UaTutAq.png

Last edited:
Solution
I upgraded my PC recently, the specs are:
Motherboard: H510M S2H rev 1
GPU: GIGABYTE OC G1 GTX 1050 Ti 4GB
CPU: i3 10100f
RAM: Geil EVO Potenza 8GB DDR4 RAM 3200Mhz (I actually ordered another 8GB too, but I have not received it yet)
PSU: MWE 650 White
and in a game like Strongholds Warlords I'm barely getting 40~50 FPS on low settings with 1360x768 resolution, and Battlefield V is completely unplayable it runs
on 10 FPS!!! I've tried reinstalling the graphics driver multiple times
I've switched my RAM's slot, unplugged and replugged my GPU, didn't fix it, I thought that it might be because of my low RAM although it didn't make sense at all, because it should at least run the Strongholds Warlords at an acceptable FPS, and after watching this video
View: https://youtu.be/WInANGro3uQ
I was sure that there's something wrong with my setup, I also ran a bench on my system and it looks like that my GPU is at the "very poor" state, here's the result:
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/45863458
I'm actually so upset that I can't use the new setup properly
does anybody know how to fix this? please help

EDIT: I've tried reinstalling windows too, and btw I tried enabling XMP but my windows kept showing blue screen error, then I disabled it, and then I manually increased my RAM speed to 2666, with 1.2 default voltage, increasing the voltage to 1.35 caused weird errors when I was trying to install my graphics driver, errors like 7-Zip: CRC Error, or 7-Zip: Data Error, but with 1.2 voltage, there's no error
Go to the mobo site and if needed update the bios/chipset/management engine driver......test

I see a newer gpu driver.
https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

Aug 30, 2021
Go to the mobo site and if needed update the bios/chipset/management engine driver......test

I see a newer gpu driver.
https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
I've updated my bios already, and I've just reinstalled all of the drivers for this motherboard, I've tried the latest graphics driver as well, didn't fix it, I should mention that this was my first time building a PC, I'm a little bit concerned that I might have done something wrong, I don't know, the temps and other things look ok I guess, I'll add screenshots of the game to my question

Aug 30, 2021
Have you checked your idle/gaming CPU/GPU temperatures?
idle:
GPU = 45 ~ 50
CPU = 35 ~ 38

game:
GPU = 50 ~ 60
CPU = 40 ~ 58

A few hours ago I installed the 466.77 graphic driver, and I've just reinstalled the 471.68 and then without restarting my system I quickly ran the stronghold warlords game, with msi afterburner in the background which was showing my graphic driver as 466.77 though I've just installed 471.68 and then I entered the game, and I think the fps was +10 higher than before so it was about 40 FPS (though I'm expecting more than that), then I exited the game, and I restarted my PC and again started msi afterburner, now the driver version was updated, then started the game, and my fps was 15~20 instead of 40 like before restarting :|, I'll add the screenshots to my question

idle:
GPU = 45 ~ 50
CPU = 35 ~ 38

game:
GPU = 50 ~ 60
CPU = 40 ~ 58

A few hours ago I installed the 466.77 graphic driver, and I've just reinstalled the 471.68 and then without restarting my system I quickly ran the stronghold warlords game, with msi afterburner in the background which was showing my graphic driver as 466.77 though I've just installed 471.68 and then I entered the game, and I think the fps was +10 higher than before so it was about 40 FPS (though I'm expecting more than that), then I exited the game, and I restarted my PC and again started msi afterburner, now the driver version was updated, then started the game, and my fps was 15~20 instead of 40 like before restarting :|, I'll add the screenshots to my question
You might want to use DDU when changing gpu drivers.

Aug 30, 2021
You might want to use DDU when changing gpu drivers.
reinstalling 471.68 version with DDU, made the frames go back to that 40 FPS as before, but I think it's still broken, the FPS should be more than this, or I should be able to play Battlefield V, because based on the video that I linked in my question, that guy is playing with weaker cpu and gpu and also with 8GB ram like me, but he's game is much more smoother than mine

reinstalling 471.68 version with DDU, made the frames go back to that 40 FPS as before, but I think it's still broken, the FPS should be more than this, or I should be able to play Battlefield V, because based on the video that I linked in my question, that guy is playing with weaker cpu and gpu and also with 8GB ram like me, but he's game is much more smoother than mine
That video showed him getting around 30fps so 40fps for you sounds about right

Aug 30, 2021
No, he's playing battlefield, but I'm testing the Stronghold Warlord which should be much lighter than battlefield, I'm getting 10 FPS in battlefield on lowest settings and 1360x768 resolution, it's not normal at all, I have 8GB ram but I expected the game to be more playable than this

Aug 30, 2021
Last night I was getting 40 FPS when I reinstalled my graphic driver with DDU, and today I replugged my GPU, and now the FPS is like 20~25 :/
I really need to fix this, asking a question in here was my last shot, please help :(

Cokacola14

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2012
The video he linked is not his own video, and the processor used in the video is much more capable then the i3 you have, also the ram DOES make a huge difference.
i also would expect more but am not surprised.

Those videos arent always honest js. dont be mislead by the internet, i e even me.
Do your own EXTENSIVE research before pressing pay now!

Cokacola14

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2012
Last night I was getting 40 FPS when I reinstalled my graphic driver with DDU, and today I replugged my GPU, and now the FPS is like 20~25 :/
I really need to fix this, asking a question in here was my last shot, please help :(
nothing else changed but the gpu? unplug and replug again, does your i3 have integrated graphics its falling back on from being improperly plugged in?

Aug 30, 2021
The video he linked is not his own video, and the processor used in the video is much more capable then the i3 you have, also the ram DOES make a huge difference.
i also would expect more but am not surprised.

Those videos arent always honest js. dont be mislead by the internet, i e even me.
Do your own EXTENSIVE research before pressing pay now!
Yeah, you're right, the video might not be accurate, but I compared my cpu vs his cpu, and I think the stats of my cpu was better, how can he's cpu be more capable

Aug 30, 2021
use cpuz or system info (hit start type system info) and check that the gpu is being recognized
In my previous setup I had lag in BF1, but BFV was smooth, and now BFV is like 10 fps, but BF1 is smoother, it's not smooth like my previous setup but it's less laggy than the BFV
and this is on the lowest settings possible, with 1360x768 resolution
VY7VwRx.png

And I don't know why the games load soooo slow, the loading page stays there for so long, it wasn't like this yesterday, both when I start the game, and when I'm joining a server, both BFV and BF1

Last edited:
In my previous setup I had lag in BF1, but BFV was smooth, and now BFV is like 10 fps, but BF1 is smoother, it's not smooth like my previous setup but it's less laggy than the BFV
and this is on the lowest settings possible, with 1360x768 resolution
VY7VwRx.png

And I don't know why the games load soooo slow, the loading page stays there for so long, it wasn't like this yesterday, both when I start the game, and when I'm joining a server, both BFV and BF1
Does this gpu require an aux power connector?
Can you post a link to this gpu?

Different area.
Run a pass of crystal disk info and post a screen shot for each disk.

Aug 30, 2021
Last edited: