Question Games are stuttering all of a sudden

Apr 8, 2020
Hi guys!
Before I start, I must mention that I'm no expert in hardware or software, I am a basic laptop user with standard knowledge. So, here's the problem. I have an Asus laptop (i7, 8Gb/RAM, nVidia GTX 950M). My HDD crashed, I was able to recover only documents from local disk C and everything else was lost. I went for a HDD change to a local shop and they put a SSD in my laptop. They reinstalled Windows 10 on it and they gave it back. The laptop runs smooth in terms of basic use, but when I reinstalled my old games back, I got horrible lag problems. For example, I ran FIFA 19 on high settings and everything worked fine. Now, even on low settings, it got unplayable lag. And this is the same issue with almost every game I try to play. I updated the Windows, I installed the latest driver for my GPU, I checked my performance settings and everything is set on high performance. I don't know what to do next, what can I do to bring back my old GPU performance. Please help me with this, I thank you in advance. Have a nice day!