[SOLVED] Games aren't smooth and microsutter with RTX 3080 !

mutliquick1

Reputable
Feb 7, 2018
Hello,

I'm playing on 1080p 144Hz screen. using RTX 3080 with High + ultra settings, but there are some games has very bad experience. like Fortnite & PUBG, I see many youtubers has same my CPU & GPU without any problems on benchmarking

Especially on Fortnite, I have a lot of microsutters even with my Old CPU and GPU, I was playing on R5 1600 + GTX 1080. Now I have R5 3600 + RTX 3080 and the problem still occurs !!
(Note: I'm still using my B350 Motherboard since 2017) I don't know if it's the problem or what?

Video showing drop frames + sutter ( Start from 0:26 ) :
View: https://youtu.be/zD5huWI2jOc

My RIG:
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core @ 4.1 GHz OC
Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H100i v2 Liquid Cooler
MB: MSI B350 GAMING PLUS
GPU: Palit GeForce RTX 3080 GamingPro V1 10GB
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LED 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 X-AMP 3200MHz
Monitor: BenQ MOBIUZ EX2510 24.5 Inch 144Hz 1080p
PSU: Seasonic FOCUS GX-850, 850W 80+ Gold ( I bought this PSU after upgrading my GPU )

Solution
Can you run userbenchmark and share the public link to the results.

A 3080 is overkill for 1080p 144Hz. I am running a 3080 with a 3700X at 1440p 144Hz and my cpu runs high usage across many threads in most games. At 1080p I think you will often be cpu limited and not fully utilising the 3080.

A 3080 is overkill for 1080p 144Hz. I am running a 3080 with a 3700X at 1440p 144Hz and my cpu runs high usage across many threads in most games. At 1080p I think you will often be cpu limited and not fully utilising the 3080.

Reactions: david slayer
Solution

mutliquick1

Reputable
Feb 7, 2018

Please tell me in which app you want me run the benchmark so i will download it

Update bios, chipset drivers, and DDU your video drivers and reinstall them.

bios is updated to latest update even my OS itself I remove and re-install it again. What about chipset drivers, do you have a good app to update them all ?
Also, can i re-install bios update again ?

Please tell me in which app you want me run the benchmark so i will download it

bios is updated to latest update even my OS itself I remove and re-install it again. What about chipset drivers, do you have a good app to update them all ?
Also, can i re-install bios update again ?
It is userbenchmark https://www.userbenchmark.com/

Once run there is a public link to the results available, if you share this it provides the most information.

Hello,

I'm playing on 1080p 144Hz screen. using RTX 3080 with High + ultra settings, but there are some games has very bad experience. like Fortnite & PUBG, I see many youtubers has same my CPU & GPU without any problems on benchmarking

Especially on Fortnite, I have a lot of microsutters even with my Old CPU and GPU, I was playing on R5 1600 + GTX 1080. Now I have R5 3600 + RTX 3080 and the problem still occurs !!
(Note: I'm still using my B350 Motherboard since 2017) I don't know if it's the problem or what?

Video showing drop frames + sutter ( Start from 0:26 ) :
View: https://youtu.be/zD5huWI2jOc

My RIG:
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core @ 4.1 GHz OC
Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H100i v2 Liquid Cooler
MB: MSI B350 GAMING PLUS
GPU: Palit GeForce RTX 3080 GamingPro V1 10GB
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LED 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 X-AMP 3200MHz
Monitor: BenQ MOBIUZ EX2510 24.5 Inch 144Hz 1080p
PSU: Seasonic FOCUS GX-850, 850W 80+ Gold ( I bought this PSU after upgrading my GPU )
I watched your video and I didn't see any problems with the gameplay

This looks good.
Run some offline benchmarks like Unigine's Superposition (or Valley - you can just let Valley loop) and see if you get stutters there.

It's most likely due to playing an online game. The following is not a true test but may give an indication of the issue.
Open up a CMD prompt and run the following command - ping google.com -t
Let that run for a minute and take note of the average 'time'. Now go game for 15 mins. Go back and see if you have any major time spikes (or timeouts) in your ping results.

Reactions: tecmo34

tecmo34

Administrator
It's most likely due to playing an online game. The following is not a true test but may give an indication of the issue.
Open up a CMD prompt and run the following command - ping google.com -t
Let that run for a minute and take note of the average 'time'. Now go game for 15 mins. Go back and see if you have any major time spikes (or timeouts) in your ping results.
I agree with it is most likely due to ping/latency with online gaming. I was playing COD last night after the update and was getting stuttering, so thought something was going on with the update. I went into private party and played without issue. Jumped in to online games had it again due to the "peer to peer" play. Some lobbies were worse then others but playing a custom game showed it wasn't my system / game having issues, it was my ping/latency with the peer to peer connection.

Reactions: david slayer

jasonf2

Distinguished
I am not seeing anything other than a potential latency issue. If you are getting screen tearing we wouldn't see it in the video anyways. Enable gsync if your monitor supports it and see if it helps. If no gsync set a frame rate cap to 144 to match monitor and see if it helps.