Games capping to 60 fps w/ v-sync off Windows 10

jpljoseph

Honorable
Nov 30, 2015
https://imgur.com/a/vH1O38X
I'll start by saying I'm not sure exactly what info i need to post here, but i linked basic specs and I'll do my best to describe what is going on.
Games(CSGO, and League of Legends) are capping at 60 fps(my monitor's refresh rate) with v-sync disabled. I am pretty sure it is windows related, but I have no idea how to trouble shoot it at this point. I found a solution that got my CSGO to uncap its frame rate, but I still do not know what the underlying problem is. Running the program as an admin in windows XP compatibility mode solved it for csgo, but I'd like to solve this for all games... The most common solutions Ive found just being the in game frame rate caps, and vsync setting which are all off, v-sync on my gpu which as far as i can tell is off, and the xbox game dvr being enabled(its not). Ive tried updating my gpu drivers through device manager and they say they are up to date. This issue arose after changing out my cpu cooler, but I have no idea how that could be related in any way...
Thanks for the help.
Edit: forgot to add that my bios battery was dead when i was working on my pc and my boot settings got messed up, but I think that should all be fixed.

jpljoseph

Honorable
Nov 30, 2015

Yes, both are connected and have been for 2 years. One is a BenQ monitor connected via dvi to my graphics card, the other is a samsung tv connected via hdmi to my graphics card mirroring my main screen. The tv is usually turned off but plugged in, but i have tried unplugging it to no effect.
also i did check the amd software and i saw a number of different things i thought could be related but theyre all off as far as i can tell

jpljoseph

Honorable
Nov 30, 2015

I'll give it a shot, do i need to switch over to integrated graphics before uninstalling the AMD drivers?