Question Games crash after 30 seconds

Jul 16, 2020
I recently upgraded my PC. I changed the motherboard, the CPU, and the Ram, but the rest of the components are the same. My graphics card is an RTX 2070.

Anyway, I have tried to play at least 4 different games and every single time it will run smoothly, above 60 fps, for 30 seconds to a minute, then the GPU usage goes up to 100%, the framerate drops below 10 fps, then the screen goes blank and I get no output to my monitor. Then I have to restart my computer.

I was actually having bigger problems with it earlier, the screen was going blank when I wasn't even playing a game and the GPU wasn't showing up in the task manager. These are no longer issues though.

Keep in mind that my graphics card and these games were working perfectly fine before I changed some of the parts around. I also made sure that the drivers for the GPU and motherboard are up to date.

To be fair, I did also change the cooler on the graphics card to try to squeeze a little extra performance out of it, and in doing so I may have damaged it. I don't think that's the case, there is no visible damage to the card, I'm just trying to consider all possibilities.

Any help is appreciated.

In case you need my current specs:
GPU: RTX 2070
CPU: Ryzen 3800X
Ram: 16GB DDR4
Motherboard: rog strix X470-f
PSU: 600W