Games crash after a while but not computer.

CustomZombies

Commendable
Mar 11, 2016
All games weird crash after 30 mins - 1hr. The only recent Hardware change is from a stock cooler to a Cooler Master Evo 212. I know it must be a Hardware issue as i havent changed anything else since i got the computer 3 years back. The reason to changing my CPU cooler was because i reapplied thermal paste and snapped one of the legs on my stock CPU cooler and my CPU was getting hot.

Current CPU temp (41c)
Current GPU temp (55c)

Oh another thing is i replaced my 8gb DDR3 1333mhz Corsair Vengeance Memory for a 8gb DDR3 2133mhz Corsair Vengeance stick. and when i look in my bios it states the speed is still the same as the old one (1333mhz) do i need to change this manually and can my motherboard handle this RAM? any other idea's would be great. Thanks in advance.

*SPECS*

Motherboard - Gigabyte H81M-H (Bios Version F5)
Case : Galaxy Evolution Tower Case
CPU : Intel I7 4th Gen 4790 Quad Core 3.6Ghz (turbo 4.0Ghz)
Cooler : Cooler Master Evo 212
Hard Drive : 1tb Sata Hard Drive
Hard Drive : 1tb Sata Hard Drive
Memory : 8gb DDR3 2133mhz Corsair Vengeance Memory
Graphics Card : Geforce GTX 750 TI 2gb

Solution
It could be your GPU drivers, so you should make sure that those are up to date. It sounds a lot like it could be your HDD failing as well as crashing and stuttering is a common symptom of a bad block. Run this test and please reply with the results as it will most likely show exactly which part is causing the problems. If you have any more questions then I'd be glad to help.

jaxeran

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2012
To answer the first question: There could be many reasons why this is happening, but I would like to focus on the memory question more.

Your DDR3 2133 memory is simply not supported by that board at that speed - The HM81 only supports 1333/1600. This COULD be the issue, and going from 1333-1600 shouldn't produce a massive difference in performance anyhow. It will operate at the lower frequency, though I would suggest replacing the other 8gb module.

CustomZombies

Commendable
Mar 11, 2016
believe it or not i think its a graphics driver problem afterall, I just recently got the crash and saw for the first time i got the windows graphics driver stopped working and has rebooted successfully etc, ive just tried a new driver and got the same eroor, doing a clean install now with a new driver and seeing if it happens again, i have changed the memory to 1500 as i may aswell use the most out of it, i honestly dont think that would be the problem, im pretty sure i could put 3000_ memory in my MB along as it only reads and uses what its capable of running there should be no problem, thanks for the reply man, update you once ive installed drivers again.

jaxeran

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2012
Good to hear, I didn't think it was the issue, but that was the only change you had mentioned and I was going off of that for the troubleshooting. Good luck!

jesse13williamson

Honorable
May 20, 2018
It could be your GPU drivers, so you should make sure that those are up to date. It sounds a lot like it could be your HDD failing as well as crashing and stuttering is a common symptom of a bad block. Run this test and please reply with the results as it will most likely show exactly which part is causing the problems. If you have any more questions then I'd be glad to help.

Solution