[SOLVED] Games crash with no error whatsoever ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 11, 2022
Its been happening for a month now and I cant seem to find out how to fix it. It is getting to the point where I just want to part this PC out and downgrade to something else because its been so frustrating.

My specs are:
CPU: 13th Gen Intel Core i9- 13900K
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 64 GB (2 x 32 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Memory
MOBO: ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO (LGA1700)
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 (MSI)
PSU: Asus ROG THOR 1200P 1200 W

Dec 11, 2022
Have you tried using in settings game mode? It will turn off all background programs and apps while playing games. You can try running virus check also. Another thing you can try is uninstalling gpu drivers completely using DDU uninstaller, Display Driver Uninstaller Download version 18.0.5.7 (guru3d.com) , then you can install fresh drivers.

Hi. I already used DDU to unistall and install fresh drivers. Did not work. Sorry but what do you mean by using "in settings game mode"? How do I do that?

Ar558

Proper
Dec 13, 2022
These are also my CPU temps while gaming. This seems high. Could this be the issue?

I doubt it as the Raptor lake CPU's are designed to work at very high temperatures but I would still endure you have good cooling. A 13900k needs a pretty big air cooler (Noctua NH-D15 or similar) or water cooling. If not it could be going even higher and cause instability or you could be unlucky in the silicon lottery and get a CPU which struggles at those high temps. It would definitely be worth looking into to rule it out.

Dec 11, 2022
I doubt it as the Raptor lake CPU's are designed to work at very high temperatures but I would still endure you have good cooling. A 13900k needs a pretty big air cooler (Noctua NH-D15 or similar) or water cooling. If not it could be going even higher and cause instability or you could be unlucky in the silicon lottery and get a CPU which struggles at those high temps. It would definitely be worth looking into to rule it out.

I have a Asus ROG RYUJIN II ARGB 70.07 CFM Liquid in my rig rn. Thanks for your reply. I’ll look into that.

blacknemesist

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2012
I have a similar issue but my game freezes for about 1-2 seconds where I can still move my mouse and then resumes. It happens with both new and old games. It is very hard to replicate for me but seems similar to your problem, when it happens the CPU usage barely move but GPU clocks and power draw drops to 0%. Same GPU, 1200w Corsair HX1200. The store where I got my PC assembled replaced the PSU, GPU and working on replacing the mobo. I have a hunch it has something to do with either the mobo or my dying G-Sync monitor as it does happen on a different machine with a 1660 ti but so seldomly it feels like it can be just normal behavior. Tested on Diablo 3, LoL and They are Billions and they all do the same thing, can't replicate on newer games though, hour of running CP77 benchmark and not a hichup even with nvidia shadowplay recording the entire session during the night.

If I find the issue i'll post back but chances are slim as they are just replacing parts and praying at this point.

Dec 11, 2022
I have a similar issue but my game freezes for about 1-2 seconds where I can still move my mouse and then resumes. It happens with both new and old games. It is very hard to replicate for me but seems similar to your problem, when it happens the CPU usage barely move but GPU clocks and power draw drops to 0%. Same GPU, 1200w Corsair HX1200. The store where I got my PC assembled replaced the PSU, GPU and working on replacing the mobo. I have a hunch it has something to do with either the mobo or my dying G-Sync monitor as it does happen on a different machine with a 1660 ti but so seldomly it feels like it can be just normal behavior. Tested on Diablo 3, LoL and They are Billions and they all do the same thing, can't replicate on newer games though, hour of running CP77 benchmark and not a hichup even with nvidia shadowplay recording the entire session during the night.

If I find the issue i'll post back but chances are slim as they are just replacing parts and praying at this point.

Hey I ended up replacing my AIO. I believe my PC used to overheat due to a bad pump. I haven't had any crashes after replacing it except one time where I was gaming for a long period of time. My room is fairly small so I believe that had something to do with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.